thirty five

-At the Venue-

Michael had shouted, loudly. Those were the words he never wanted to hear. All of those nights of comforting Bonnie, telling her not to be nervous, not get second thoughts, and everything will be alright; didn't pay off.

Michael's first thought was that she snuck out last minute, and ditched him. 'Why would she do this?' He continuously questioned himself. He had just given up on love, for good. Every time he puts his full heart out, he ends up getting hurt. He felt the tears welling up in his eyes, all spilling over his cheeks.

Joseph had been struck frozen, in shock. He knew he should have never let his son even go back and see 'that girl'. All of those times when he thought of telling Michael to stop writing back to her, were starting to come back. He knew one day she'd really hurt him. Today, was that day, and what makes it worse is that it's their wedding day. Of all days, she chooses this one to ditch?

As Michael decided to leave the venue as well, he heard someone screaming his name. It was a female who had called him, and he thought it was Bonnie. He turned around quickly, just to be disappointed to see Bonnie's young assistant running towards him urgently.

"Mr. Jackson! Mr. Jackson! Please don't leave!" She kept running down the hall towards him.

He sighed, and wiped the fallen tears, "Dani, I...I'm just not in the mood for your apologies right now, I'm sorry," Michael put his hand up, to motion her away. He wanted to be alone.

She finally reached him, and his height towered over her, and she looked up at him, "No, Mr. Jackson! She didn't ditch or run away! She was kidnapped!" She yelled. Michael's heart sunk. Who would send Dani to lie to Michael to make him 'feel better'?

He felt a surge of depression and anger, and kinda yelled at Dani, "If this is some kind of sick joke, I don't want to hear it, alright?! If she left me, I can deal with it! Don't come and tell me false stories to make me feel better about myself, Dani!" He turned around again, and began walking.

His attitude towards her was understandable in her mind. She wasn't hurt by his tone. Instead she was encouraged to continue. Dani ran up to Michael and grabbed his elbow, turning him around rapidly.

"Mr. Jackson! Listen to me! I'm not lying to you, I swear! A man came with a bouquet of flowers, and asked to see Bonnie outside. I was ordered to inform her of her visitor, and I did so. She went outside, and about a half-hour later, she never returned. We looked everywhere, and she was no where to be found! I am so sorry...Michael." Dani's eyes reassured that she was indeed not lying to him. Michael noticed her eye expression, and his stomach fell to the floor...along with the rest of his body.

Since Dani had been holding his elbow, he was holding onto her as he fell over, taking her down with him. She was surprised, and knew that all he needed was a friend; She was willing to be that friend. Dani sat up, and started to stroke Michael's back, trying to comfort him, as he cried into her lap, in fetal position. It felt like he never stopped crying, but after a while, he ran out of tears to cry out. He sat up, and met Dani's eyes. He couldn't help but lunge himself at her in a hug. He tightly hugged her, as she did the same.

"Michael, I'm so sorry," she said to him.

Michael sniffled, then released his hold on her, "Thank you, Dani. Thank you for being here, thank you for being my shoulder to cry on." He looked up at the stars.

She didn't want him to be depressed anymore, so she tried to make a soft joke about him crying. "No problem, Mike. I'll always be your shoulder to cry on, any day! But, you should let me know that I would need an extra pair of clothes every time you need me," she laughed, and she pulled her almost soaked shirt forward, to show Michael how damp it was.