Piper

"The Seven have done well." Zeus calmly sat on his throne along with the rest of the Olympians and Hades, staring at Piper and her friends.

She vaguely felt Jason squeeze her hand, his warm breath still tingling in the air.  She shook off the feeling and let go, staring at the electric blue eyes of the King of the Gods. Just like Jason...

No. Concentrate, Piper. She told herself. This is not the time to get lost thinking about eyes or such nonsense.

"-reward them?" Aphrodite, or Mom, was saying with a tinkling laugh that eased the tension of the demigods standing uncomfortably in the room.

"What do you say, Percy?" Posiedon asked, his sea green eyes full of mischeif. Percy's head was facing the other way, but Piper could picture the expression on his face.

"I would personally like to lead a normal life. Please. With-" He gazed nervously at Athena. "Annabeth."

Athena stood up with a kind of deadly calm. "Perseus Jackson, do you promise to love my daughter and care for her? Never to cheat on her or leave her? Do you swear in the River Styx?" Thunder rumbled, and Piper now saw the passion etched on his face.

"I swear to the River Styx that I will never leave Annabeth, cheat on her, and I will always love and care for her." He said, and the outside sky shook once again.

"Then very well. I will allow your relationship." Percy sighed. "But, if you ever mistreat her, you will have to deal with me." Athena had an excellent poker face, and Piper shivered at the thought if Athena ever said that to her.

"Annabeth Chase, what do you wish for?" Zeus asked. Annabeth's face turned to look at Percy, a small twinkle in her eyes.

"I wish to have Aphrodite give me and Percy her blessing that we will always be together." She said, and Percy gave a small grin. Piper thought that was an excellent request, as that would promise no meddling from her mother.

"I cannot promise not to give you a complicated relationship." Aphrodite said, and the young couple turned pale. "But, I can assure you end up with each other." They sighed in releif.

Piper smiled faintly. She wished Jason and her could be as relaxed as Percy and Annabeth, who were very clearly in love.

"Piper McLean, what do you want?" Zeus said once more. Jason looked at her and she knew the answer to that question.

"I wish the same as Annabeth." She said, catching her friend's eye. Annabeth raised an eyebrow and Piper blushed to the extent of a ripe tomato.

Aphrodite gave her signature giggle. "Young love." She said, finally muffling her laughs in a very lady-like hankerchief. Piper wondered how she could be related like someone like that, especially as her mother.

"Well?" Piper mumbled under her breath impatiently. Jason gave her a searching look and she looked back at his electric blue ones...

"-agree." Aphrodite said. "You will remain a couple at the end." That wasn't necesscarily reassuring, especially since her mother loved twist and turns in a love story.

"Jason Grace." Hera said. "What do you request?" Everyone turned to see Jason looking at the ground, appearing to be thinking hard.

"I wish that I lead a normal teenager life." He said at last, and Percy gave Piper and Jason a look like Dude! What's with copying me and Annabeth's wishes?

Jason returned a Well, they were good. look and Percy turned around to stare at Annabeth. Piper suppressed a giggle as Annabeth looked back at him.

"Very well, son. Your wishes will be approved." Zeus said, and with that he turned to look at the remaining three: Frank, Hazel and Leo.

"Leo Valdez, what do you want?" Zeus asked, looking hard at the shrinking Leo. Leo looked around and backed away from Zeus's booming voice.

"Why is this so formal?" He asked. "I mean everyone is wearing either a tuxedo or a dress except for me."

That was true. Piper thought as she looked around. Even Percy and Annabeth were wearing a tuxedo with a crooked tie and a gray chiton gown. Leo however was dressed in a LEO FOR THE LADIES T-shirt and black bicycle shorts.

"Valdez, your wish." Zeus's voice boomed again, and Piper shivered at the thought of his powerful voice.

"Oh, um..." Leo looked at the floor and fiddled with his tool belt. "I wish that I'll eventually get a girlfriend someday." Piper stifled a giggle. Oh Leo, he was hopeless.

"Hazel Levesque!" Zeus- no, now Jupiter, announced into the echoing of the palace. Hazel stepped out of the small crowd. "What do you wish for?"

"I wish to lead a normal life. That is all." Hazel said unflinchingly, gazing nonchantaly at Jupiter. He nodded and motioned her to back away.

"And Frank Zhang." Jupiter looked at Frank. "What reward do you hope for?" Frank thought for a moment before he answered.

"I wish to lead a regular mortal life." The big guy said. Piper clutched Jason's hand tightly. Everyone was so romantic these days...

Jupiter nodded. "We will have an discusion about your requests. Demigods, please leave." The Seven found themselves suddenly outside the palace, next to a fountain where nymphs were playing. Leo immediately stood up, but Piper smacked him.

"What do you want to do?" Percy asked the rest of the demigods. Jason and Frank shrugged, but apparently Annabeth already had an idea.

"Why don't we go and examine a few artifacts? I'm pretty sure the Arrows of Hercules or the Shield of Achilles is here somewhere?" The guys groaned, but Piper and Hazel were pretty thrilled with the idea.

"Let's go!" Piper said, jumping onto the fountain wall and hopping off again to examine a plaque on the side. "Fountain gift from Athens."

"Oh my gods. This place is full of history!" Annabeth squealed like a little kid. But before they could see more, they were suddenly back inside the throne room.

"So the Council has been talking, and we have decided to send you to high school!" Zeus, not Jupiter anymore, said. Percy looked panicked.

"No wait! That's not what I meant by a normal life!" But, it was too late. There was already a black void swirling around Zeus's chair, and Piper and the others were sucked in.