Annabeth

Ah, sosososososo sorry for not updating earlier! :S We're moving next Friday and the last few months have been just so hectic! God... Anyways, here is the next chapter of the Seven in High School!

   The first month of school had barely started before Percy had gotten detention. Again. For the fifth time.

   "I don't get it," she confessed to her boyfriend, snuggling up to him with her knees pulled up to her chest. "What makes you so upset about Alan and his lackies? I know he didn't exactly make the best impression, but he's not so bad when you're not hear."

   "I don't know," Percy said guiltily, his beautiful green eyes darkening when she mentioned the name. "It's just that... Goode High School. Where school is always 'Goode'. Except for the jocks and the cheerleaders and all those other higher-up people who are out to make our life hell."

   Annabeth glanced at the quite visible piece of paper on his sea-green desk, a sigh escaping from her lips.

Dear Parent or Guardian of Percy Jackson;

   Your child has been in fights during classtime, often disturbing other students. Many bystanders and witnesses claim that he starts arguments with no reason, and recently sent fellow student Jacob Myers to the Nurses Office with a mild head injury. 
   This behaviour cannot be allowed to continue. Any more disruption of classroom peace will immediately end in suspension and/or suspension.

                       Principal J. Park

   "Are you disappointed in me?" Percy said slowly, glancing at the paper as if it were a ticking time bomb. "I try not to let anger get the best to me but Alan and his underlings provoke me and then feed the teachers false information."

   "No," Annabeth said, hugging him comfortingly. "I'll go talk to Paul. We'll see what he can do, alright?"

XOXOXOXOXO

   The breakfast table was live again. Leo was in one his moods, brooding on not having a girlfriend. Hazel and Frank were holding hands and eating some strange old-fashioned food that Annabeth vaguely recognized as cornbread with baked sweet potato. Piper was shooting worried looks at Leo and managing to make out with Jason at the same time. And Percy was slowly drenching other people with water without anybody realizing it.

   Wait- was Piper turning around? Annabeth counted to three: One, Two, Thr- "PERCY JACKSON, I AM GOING TO KICK YOUR BUTT SO HARD THAT YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO SIT DOWN FOR A WEEK! NOW SLOW DOWN SO I CAN BEAT YOU UP FOR-"

   "Twenty-three days of school, huh?" Frank asked Annabeth, brown eyes twinkling. "If this is going to happen every day then I wonder how we're going to survive at the end."

   "Frank," Hazel chatised, but the ghost of a smile was flickering at the edges of her mouth. "Be nice. After all, this doesn't happen every day. Now what do you think of the cornbread a la carte?"

   "Almost every day," he retorted, but still took a bite of the food in front of him. "Pretty good. Did you make-"

   Annabeth left the lovebirds to their own devices, her gaze ending up on the silent Leo. "C'mon, Repair Boy, this table's too silent for my own good," she teased, ruffling his hair in a friendly manner.

   "I still haven't gotten a girlfriend yet," he moped. "Aphrodite promised!"

   "Don't worry. In the next chapter the author's probably going to pair you with Calyp- I mean, you'll find a girlfriend sometime, Leo. Don't mope all the time. It doesn't suit you."

   "Really?" the Hispanic boy looked up with wide eyes. "You really think so?"

   "Yes I do," Annabeth promised. "After all, it took me all that time breaking the fourth wall so I could figure out how the plot en- I mean, I have a woman's intuition. You have to believe me, Leo, okay?"

   He grinned at her. "Sure."

   Somewhere in the distance, Piper shrieked: "PERCY JACKSON WHEN I CATCH YOU YOU ARE SO GOING TO GET IT FROM ME AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND, YOU HEAR ME-"

XOXOXOXOXOXO

   RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGG!

   Annabeth threw the closest thing she could, which happened to be her alarm clock, and threw it at her the annoying alarm clock to shut it up.

   Wait- what?

   She opened a bleary eye and saw a beautiful woman with green eyes and black hair approach her, holding the bane of her sleep.

   "Hello, Annabeth," greeted the woman, turning off the alarm. "You know who I am. But I am not here for such trivial matters. No, I am here to discuss with you the truth of your love life-"

   "Not interested, Aphrodite," Annabeth groaned, and covered herself with a pillow to muffle out the goddess's voice. Screw Aphrodite's wrath- she needed her sleep, after all.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

   "Run faster! Yes, faster! Hurry up, you slow nitwits!"

   Coach Bob's booming voice echoed in the gymnasium. Annabeth sighed and finished her final lap, a good distance away from the rest of the other Physical [(Un)-Exuberant] Education students.

   "Very good, whatsit your name- blondie! Now do fifty pushups and you're done for the day!"

   She complied, yawning as she finished the last of her excercises. Behind her, she could hear the huffing of a jock, mumbling darkly about having a girl, nonetheless a nerdy type, defeat him.

   "So, blondie, you interested in track and field?" Asked the coach. "You run pretty fast, 'specially for a girl."

   Annabeth blinked. "No thank you. I'm more of a library type of girl, you know."

   The coach laughed. "You? A little dumb cheerleader blondie like you? You've got to be joking-"

Dear Parents or Guardians of Annabeth Chase,

   Your child has caused injuries to one of our staff members, namely Mr. 'Coach' Bob Xenith Steven. Many bystanders and witnesses give accounts of Mr. Steven provoking her; however, such behavior is not to be tolerated.

   Ms. Chase is a very excellent student according to her teachers, despite her being diagnosed with both dyslexia and ADHD. We will let this slide for once, but the next time will result in detention and/or possible suspension.

                                              Principal J. Park 

Eh, hoped you liked it. Again, I'm sosososo sorry for not updating earlier- but please don't kill me, because I was really hectic these days.

                         -Alyson F.L. Yang