Hazel

"She did WHAT???" Piper exclaimed after the boys finished explaining what had happened during break in the cozy setting at the mansion.

"She cornered me and tried to flirt with me. Did not work." Jason said for the fiftieth time. Hazel watched the scene with wide eyes. She had never experienced things like this in all her old life.

"She's Percy's age. Probably doesn't know you're younger than her." Annabeth said, sitting on Percy's lap reading The Illiad.

"That filthy hazi! Flirting with my boyfriend!" PIper raged. Jason put a hand on her shoulder, instantly calming her down.

"Alan Brown and his crew were flirting with us today." Hazel blurted, remembering the scene in study hall."He tried to kiss Annabeth, and his croonies Gregory Thompson and Erik Ink were flirting with Piper and I, respectively."

"WHAT????????!!!!!!!!!!!!" Percy cried in rage. Annabeth turned pale at the thought. Hazel instantly regretted saying it out loud.

"He missed. I ducked in time and humiliated him in front of the whole class." Annabeth said quickly, sending a little glare to Hazel.

"That git. Wait until he feels my wrath." Percy said, cracking his knuckles threateningly. Annabeth pecked him on the lips and the lovers left upstairs.

"I wonder what they're planning." Leo said in a teasing tone. The other demigods rolled their eyes. Hazel stifled a laugh she had almost let out.

"Definetely not what you're thinking, Leo." Piper said, breaking into giggles of laughter. Leo turned red as everybody else laughed at his comment.

"I d- I mean I did- I mean like I did- I didn't mean it like that!" He cried, now a heavy shade of scarlet, same as the velvet rug he was trodding on.

"Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Listen. I hear something." Frank said, pointing up. Hazel perked her ears, and sure enough, she heard the mumbled voices of Percy and Annabeth.

"Percy, do your homework or I'll call the rest of the demigods to tie you up." They heard the threatening voice of Annabeth.

"Alright! Alright! But give me a kiss, first." Percy's anxious voice replied. "Please, Wise Girl?" The reply was muffled, but apparently Percy didn't get his kiss because just then Annabeth came downstairs.

"Anyone got some rope?" She asked.

* * *

It was late evening as the dying fire roared again when Hazel and Annabeth knitted scarves for all her friends of the Seven. 

"When did you learn to knit?" Annabeth asked curiously. Hazel shrugged, clicking her needles again and again. It was a comforting sound.

"It's just a natural instinct, though I think my mother taught me how to do it... before my curse activated." She said, weaving the string through the small loop on the other needle.

"My mother's Athena, so I just close my eyes and my hands do it themselves." Annabeth said. It was true, her scarves were better quality, and she had already made nine of them.

Hazel knotted the cotton string and admired her handiwork. It was pretty, not store quality like Annabeth's, but in that homeade, cozy style. "I think we should go to bed." She said, stifling a yawn.

"Sure." Annabeth said, brushing her hair. "It's been a long day for all of us." The two girls trudged up the stairs in sleepy and slow forms, each of them wanting to only fall on a pillow and pass out.

She turned the doorknob into her purple, violet and lavender room. On the bedside was a pot of lavenders and violets, their fragrance only making her want to sleep more.

Hazel dressed into her nightgown (She didn't like to wear pajamas), and as soon as her head fell on the pillow, she was asleep as fast as a candle dunked in water.

She had a strange dream that night. Percy was on his bed, drooling, still tied in rope like Annabeth had left him like, and there was someone over him. It took her about five seconds to realize it was Annabeth.

Annabeth untied the rope, and Percy woke up with a start. "Annabeth, what the Hades?" He whispered.  She made a shhh gesture and plopped on the side of the bed.

"I had a nightmare from Gaea... that I betrayed you... in the Giant War, and... you... died." She sobbed slightly. Percy sat up and put an arm around her gray owl pajamas.

"How about you sleep with me?" He suggested, and Annabeth nodded and snuggled in gratefully, her head resting on his chest.

Hazel realized she was still having ceiling view, and quickly turned away. She touched the wall, and it disappeared.

She walked through it, and she saw Jason sleeping fitfully, his arms shaking and mumbling incoherent words. The thunderbolt alarm clock that had been installed yesterday was turning a dangerous shade of orange.

Passing through the walls again, she saw Piper calmly sleeping, her face in utter bliss, which was hard to imagine because she was still in the pink, red and white room Aphrodite had given her. Hazel giggled and moved in.

Leo was sleeping, his breath mingled with fire. It was a good thing his room was fireproof, as the fire extinguished as soon as it touched the wall, or else they would all be dead now.

Passing, she saw Frank sleeping, a picture of him and her on the bedside drawer. She smiled gratefully and walked through the walls to her own room. 

Hazel saw herself sleeping peacefully on the bed, and she gratefully dived in, herself mingling with real Hazel... and then...

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnngggggg!

"Schist alarm clock." She muttered, hitting the Off button. Today was a Saturday. She could sleep later, or until any time she wanted.

She blinked open her eyes, and saw the violet alarm clock propped on the wall, it's format of growing crystals. Groaning profanities to alarm clocks around the world, she got up.

Dressing into jeans and a I <3 New York T-shirt, she yawned and stretched her arms and legs. After brushing her teeth and showering, she was ready to go.

Hazel stepped downstairs to see she and Jason were the only ones awake. "Hi." She said awkwardly, plopping down a sunny-side-up egg and some blueberry muffins.

"Hey." He said, dousing his waffles with maple syrup. Hazel took a bite of her muffin. It was good, the sweetness spreading throughout her tongue.

"Bad dreams?" She asked, peering at the dark circles on his eyes. Jason shrugged, not meeting her eyes. 

"Gaea told me a few things, but they aren't true. She's vanquished anyways, so I don't know why she even bothers to try." He said, staring into the distance. "Oh, Percy's here. Now we can finally try our one on one sword fighting."

Hazel wondered what was bothering him so much, but she was smart enough not to probe. She guessed Annabeth wasn't the only one with gruesome nightmares.

Hello, fellow demigods and clear sighted mortals! Thank you so much for being with me this whole time when I wrote the story.

I wanted to say, thank you sooooooo much for being here with me. I'm going to give y'all giant mental hugs. 

Also make sure you check out my new book, a Handbook for Camp Half-Blood. Hope you like it!

That's about it. Peace out, demigods and clear sighted mortals!