Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two

All I could do was stare up at the ceiling as I laid on my back, phone held to my ear as I listened to Amelia rattle on and on about work recently. Complaining about one thing after another, constantly coming back to one of her various complaints about Addison.

"And she thinks that she has the right to say that to me!" Amelia practically shouted, nearly causing me to miss the sound of a door closing in the background. "To me! After what she did to Derek!"

"Amelia, hey, just don't let her get to you. Okay? You're your own person, she can't get to you if you don't let her." I told her before quickly changing the subject. "Is Abby there? I needed to talk to her about something."

"Uh, yeah, she's right here." Amelia told me before she handed the phone off.

"Hello?" Abby answered.

"Abby, how are you doing? I haven't talked to you in a while." I asked as I pushed myself up into a sitting position.

"I'm fine, just busy with school." I could almost imagine her shrugging her shoulders as she said this. "How're you doing? How's the baby?"

"He's still kicking about inside of me." I chuckled. "And I'm fine, tired from work but other than that I'm fine."

"You're getting plenty of sleep?" She asked, sounding as though she were the motherly figure in this situation instead of myself.

"Don't you worry about me. I have people here watching me like hawks." I assured her, thinking about Avery as the words left my mouth.

"Any guys?" She asked, a smirk clear in her voice.

"Shouldn't I be asking you these questions?" I shot back at her. "You're the teenager here, not me."

"Are we really sure about that?" She teased.

"Yes, we are." I nodded, even though she couldn't see me doing so. "I remember seeing your little pink butt when you were born and changing diapers on more than one occasion. Now, boys?"

"There's no one, don't worry. I'm not going to end up getting knocked up. I'm going to college like you and Dad did." She assured me.

"Good." I smiled at this, a small sense of relief filling me. "Good, that's what he would want for you, your mom too."

"Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?" She asked. "I don't mean to sound rude, but I have homework that I need to do."

"Actually, there is." I took a deep breath. "I know that we just moved you from New York to California a few months ago, making you start somewhere new in the middle of the school year, and that's likely the last thing that you want to do now, but I wanted to ask you. What would you think about moving up to Seattle with me?"

"Seattle?" I could hear the surprise clear in her voice.

"Yeah," I confirmed. "I know that these past few months have been crazy for everyone, but Seattle's my home now and I'd like it if you were here with me. There's a great high school near the hospital that I'm sure you would love. This would be the last move, I promise."

"Aunt Bria," she began, sighing. "I know that you like Seattle and, don't get me wrong, I do miss you, but I just had to start at a new high school. I'm just starting to get the hang of things here and I've made new friends. I don't want to have to do all of that again this year, at least not until summer. I don't want to be the new girl again, not at the end of the school year."

"I understand." I couldn't help but frown at her answer. "Look I need to get going, I have work soon. Have a good day at school, okay?"

"Yeah, have fun saving lives." She told me. "Love you."

Mystery Girl: Grey's Anatomy Fan Fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें