Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

"I have one last thing to say." Hunt said as he began to wrap up the attending's meeting. "Some of you, uh, may run into Arizona Robbins today. It's her first day back. So if you see her, just make her feel welcome."

"Or maybe ... maybe just don't make a big deal at all." Callie spoke up from where she was standing next to me. "It might be better."

"Noted. Thank you." Hunt nodded as everyone began to stand up to leave, but he quickly stopped us. "Oh, oh, hold on. I just want to address one more thing. Um, most of you are aware that a group of our doctors have filed a lawsuit against our hospital. Some of you may be wondering what this all means and how it's gonna affect our staff. I'd like to be clear. It doesn't ... at all. Let's just let the lawyers worry about that. That's their job. Our job is to continue to work together and support each other in giving the great standard of care that we have always given. Let's not let something like this get in the way of that. Thank you."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Howards, I heard you dropped out of the lawsuit." Webber commented as soon as I walked over to the nurse's station, finding him and April both there, looking over charts.

"Yes." I gave a short nod as I handed some discharge paperwork over to a nurse.

"Why?" He asked, not letting my simple answer go.

"I don't think this is something we should be discussing here at work." I tried to sound as polite as possible as I said this, not wanting to come off as rude.

"Well, I'm glad your sister likes the view, but I'm the one who has to put on the poufy dress. You know what? This conversation is over." All of us looked towards Bailey as she headed our way, her arms full of charts and her cell phone to her ear. "Well, I love you, too." She paused for a comment, a small smile making its way onto her face. "Red panties and a lace bra." She glanced back at us to find our eyes on her and her eyes widened instantly as she ended the call. "He wants to have a Christmas wedding ... in a-a rustic mountain lodge with red ribbons and mistletoe and a tree with ornaments made of our photos."

"Aw." April smiled at the idea. "That sounds beautiful."

"No, it's stupid." Bailey disagreed instantly. "What kind of self-respecting man cares this much about a wedding?"

"I did." Webber pointed out, looking at her with raised brows and his arms crossed.

"Yeah, but I did the wedding thing before." Bailey shook her head, trying to come up with an excuse. "I'm gonna make all those people who showed up the first time sit through another ceremony because, uh, maybe I'll mean it this time? You were there with Adele. You got me a set of ramekins."

"And I'd be happy to get you another set." He offered.

"He'll get the ramekins and I'll get the cliché his and her towels." I grinned.

"I want to get married in a field with wildflowers everywhere and butterflies that are released when I say "I do." Oh, and I want to have these little mints that say "Mint to be."" April smiled at the thought of a wedding of her own. "You get it? 'cause they're mints ..."

"There will be no mints." Bailey shook her head. "We're going to the courthouse, have a little cocktail party after."

"Yeah, we'll see about that." Webber scoffed. "A man who puts down a deposit is a man who means business."

"Well, he has till the twelfth to get his money back. That's two days." Bailey told us as she walked away. "He'd need two years to get me to agree to a wedding With Santa Claus running around."