Chapter Fifteen

Picture is of Bria

Chapter Fifteen
{Bria's POV}

"Addison." I said her name in obvious surprise. "What are you doing here? I thought you were in California?"

"I was," she nodded as she got up from her seat and walked over to where I was standing. "After you called me though I thought that I should be here...for Mark and Derek."

"Yeah..." I nodded, not really believing her. I'd always been able to see through Addie when she lied, she was never good at doing so. That was one of the main reasons I had been surprised about her and Mark's affair, Derek nor I had seen it coming when it came out. It was the one and only time she'd been able to pull one over on us. "I told you that everything was fine though, they're both on the path of recovery."

"I know, but still...I wanted to be here." I noted that her hair was shorter then it'd been the last time we saw each other. It used to go past her shoulders but now it only reached her chin, it looked nice on her. From the way her eyes moved I knew that she was taking in my appearance too, noting how I'd changed over the years. I knew what she was seeing: my hair was longer, I'd lost some weight, my scrub color had also changed from the resident light blue to my attending navy blue. She was taking in ever little scrap of information that she could without even speaking a word.

"It's nice to see you again Bria, I've missed you." She pulled me into a hug that I half heartedly returned by patting her on the back.

"I've missed you too," I forced a smile. While my words were true I had actually been relieved when I had thought I'd convinced her not to come to Seattle. I could only deal with so many reunions at a time. "You really didn't have to come though."

"You keep saying that," she chuckled as she pulled back and looked back at Mark. I noticed how her smile faltered as she looked at him. I knew she was thinking the same thing I had been thinking since I had gotten here, it was strange seeing our most lively friend stuck in a hospital bed, only being conscious now and then. It was wrong and off.

"I'm starved, how about we go across the street and get a burger?" She asked, putting a smile back in place on her lips.

"I needed to talk with someone," I started to shake my head.

"You can do that tomorrow, right now we need food and time to catch up." She shook her head. Now I want you to go and change out of those scrubs and meet me by the elevator in ten minutes. Understood?"

"Yes Mom," I rolled my eyes as she ushered me out of the room. I just shook my head as I made my way down the halls and into the attending's lounge that I had stored my bag in this morning.

When I walked inside I saw that no one else was there. Taking advantage of that I quickly pulled off my scrubs and grabbed my jeans and top from my bag. I had my jeans halfway pulled up when the door opened.

"Well what do we have here?" I snapped my head towards the door to see Karev standing in the doorway with a smirk on his lips.

"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?!" I snapped as I hurried to pull my jeans up the rest of the way before pulling my shirt on over my head to cover my dark purple bra.

"Haven't you ever heard of a bathroom?" He countered as he sauntered over to where his own bag was on a couch on the other side of the room. "You did realize that this wasn't a community changing room, right? Not that I'm complaining..."

"Just shut up," I glared at him as I took my hair down, only to put it back up in a bun again.

"So, tell me, have you talked to Hunt yet?" He asked, seeming to be genuinely interested in my answer.

"Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems as though that conversation will have to wait for tomorrow." I informed him as I grabbed my bag and headed back over to the door. I could still feel his eyes on me as I glanced back to see him watching me with slightly narrowed eyes, as though he were trying to read me. "Was there anything else?"

"I was just curious," he hesitated without taking his eyes off of me for a second. He kept quiet as he crossed the room until he was standing less than a foot away from me, I could smell coffee on his breath as he breathed down on me.

"About?" I kept myself tense as he just looked down at me. It was almost as though he were trying to mock me in some sort of way by just looking at me.

"In the OR," his words made my eyes narrow into slits. "What made you freeze up like that?"

"I'll tell you that when I'm dead." I turned on my heel and headed out of the room to meet Addison at the elevators.

A/N: It's my birthday!!! I am eighteen!!!