Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

I woke up with my head pounding, and when I opened up my eyes I was greeted by a dimmed light. It took me a moment before realizing the the obstruction of light was from a washcloth that had been placed over my eyes. With one hand I removed the cloth from my eyes and got a better view of my surroundings.

I was lying on a large bed that was comfortable but unfamiliar. There wasn't much light in the room, the only light coming from a lamp on the bedside table, illuminating the room just enough for me to get a decent look around. The room was decorated nicely and had brick walls that gave it a old homey feel, though the furniture was modern and done with nice taste. There wasn't much personal touches that were too obvious to my tired eyes, but when I looked at the bedside table again I saw something that made me realize where I must be.

On the table was a framed wedding photo of a happy couple that were smiling at one another, looks of pure love in their eyes. The woman looked a few years or so older than me with dark, nearly black, curls that were pulled up and done nicely. Instead of being in a white wedding gown though she wore a simple red dress that complimented her complexion and dark eyed. I didn't recognize her but the man next to here I did.

Hunt.

Seeing him in the picture I realized that this must be his home that I was in, his bed. Frowning, I focused on the last thing I could remember. I remembered getting frustrated with Addison and storming across the street to the hospital where I started to have a panic attack of sorts. I had heard someone calling my name before I had blacked out right there in the pavement behind the hospital, the voice must have been Hunt's.

"Shit," I muttered under my breath as I pushed the blanket off of me and swung my legs over the side of the bed. Looking down at myself I was happy to see that I was still dressed in the clothes I'd been wearing last night, though they were still slightly damp from how I'd ran out through the rain. The only thing that was missing was my purse and shoes.

Trying to be as quiet as possible I stood up and started towards the bedroom door to see if I could find my shoes and purse before I tried to sneak out, not wanting to have to face Hunt after how he'd found me. I didn't need to be asked questions that I really didn't want to answer. When I reached the door I slowly turned the handle and peeked through the crack between the door and the frame when I pushed it open slightly. Looking out I saw that the bedroom opened right up to the family room, which appeared to be empty. Across the room was the kitchen which is where I spotted my purse on the counter with my shoes on the floor beside it.

Smiling to myself I quietly crept out of the bedroom and hurried towards the counter. I bent over and quickly pulled on my wet sneakers, not really bothering to tie the laces before I straightened up and grabbed my purse.

"Going somewhere?" I froze in place at Hunt's voice. Slowly I turned around to see him lying across his couch where I hadn't been able to see him from the bedroom doorway. I mentally cursed at myself for not checking there as I'd crossed the room.

"I was just..." I trailed off, unable to come up with a good excuse.

"Sneaking out?" He finished for me with a small smirk pulling up at the corners of his lips.

"I needed some air." It wasn't an entire lie. I was going to get some air, as I ran away from his home and towards my hotel.

"Air?" He drew out the word, as if it were a way of telling me that he didn't believe a word that I was saying. "You know, the last time I checked it was considered rude to run out on the person that found you passed out in the rain without saying thank you."

"Well I've never had the best in ways of manners." I shrugged but my words only caused him to give a small shake of his head.

"How about a cup of coffee?" He offered as he got up from the couch and headed into the kitchen area. He hit the brew button on the coffee maker and it instantly came to life with sound. "While we're having a cup you can tell me why you ran out of the bar like it was on fire and then bursted into tears."

"I just had an argument with a friend." I brushed it off.

"I saw that you left with Addison," he nodded though I could see that he had something else bugging him. Sure enough he spoke up again, "Who's Dylan?"

"What?" My blood seemed to turn to ice at his question.

"When I found you it was right before you blacked out. I said your name and you called out for someone named Dylan." He explained. "Who is he?"

"It's not important." I swallowed as I grabbed my things again and headed towards his front door. "Look, thanks for the coffee offer but I need to go. I have some things that I need to take care of before work. Thanks for helping me last night."

"Bria," I paused with my hand on the doorknob and glanced back to see him giving a gentle and concerned look. "You can talk to me. We may not know each other, but if you ever need someone to talk to I'm here for you."

"Thanks," I gave him a small smile before hurrying out the door.

A/N: Merry Christmas!!! I'll try to update again by New Years!!!