Chapter 12

Dedicated to The_Aristocrat because I could not have written this chapter if she hadn't listened to me ramble. Since I ramble A LOT, she put up with a lot of crazy bullsh!t. She deserves a thank you and a million hugs.

Check out my new story "Not all Blondes do Back Flips". Go check it out now or I'm never updating this book ever again!! I am kidding but please, go check it out after this.

Little Things by OneDirection because I wrote the whole chapter while this song was on repeat.

Oh! And please read the (other) Author's Note at the end.

"Before you step into the car, I have to give you something first."

I gave Daniel a strange look as he reached into the back seat -

And handed me a bouquet of yellow daisies and purple pansies. "For you, m'lady."

I was never one for flowers but I felt the edges of my lips curve into a goofy smile. "This is um ... wow. Thank you. You didn't have to." I bit my lip nervously.

"Non-sense, this is simply proper date etiquette." He then opened the car door for me to get in.

"So, what are we doing tonight?" I asked Daniel as we fastened our seat belts.

He smiled at me politely. "The usual date stuff."

"And the usual is ...?"

"Sara," he paused his attempts to start the car and took my left hand in his right. Looking me straight in the eye, he asked, "Would this be the first date you've ever been on?"

"I went to a party last Friday with someone," I offered.

Smiling slightly, he shook his head. "That doesn't count, love."

Love. Possibly the most adorable British mannerism ever.

"I hope not – I was drunk for most of it," I joked.

Daniel didn't even give me a smile. He simply pressed a soft kiss to the knuckles of my hand.

"Despite the ridiculous amount of pressure you've now burdened me with, I find myself quite happy that this will be the one date you compare all your other dates to."

What could you possibly do or say to that?

"Anyway, we're having dinner at Mel's and then if you wanted, we could stop by Tori's exhibit or catch a mov -"

"Exhibit?" I interrupted him.

"Oh, yes, my sister is quite the artist. She's showing a few pieces alongside some local artists."

I tried to fix my features and hide my confusion.

Daniel laughed. "Believe me, you aren't the first to think it's strange that Tori and I are siblings since we're so different. It's even more shocking when people hear that our parents are both doctors, though that's more for Tori's case than mine."

This time, I didn't bother hiding my smile.

"When we were children, the both of us had art tutors and music tutors. But Tori apparently hated the piano so she took to her art lessons very well. Mum and Dad were raving mad when she said she was going to study art in university instead of going pre-med."

This piqued my curiosity. "So ... You play an instrument?"

"Violin," he admitted with a tiny smile. "But I'm strictly a hobbyist now."