Chapter 28

Dedicated SincerelyCalum for suggesting the name Adrian. I'm not changing the name right now though because I'm lazy XD. I'll do it later.

Enjoy the banners by The_Aristocrat in the sidebar along with Home by The Goo Goo Dolls in the sidebar.

Chapter 28

Daniel made good on his promise to spend as much time as he possible could with me on the weekends. That was why, at eight thirty on Saturday morning, he showed up at my doorstep ready to take me where I needed to go.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drop me off at Pitt's house?" he asked for the third time this morning as we weaved our way through the streets of Greenville, Connecticut. "It's not going to be a –"

I stopped him with a swift kiss to the cheek. It wasn't the safest distraction considering we were in ongoing traffic but it was nonetheless effective.

"Yes, it will." I chuckled at his look of surprise. "You're going to have to have to go around the block just so you can park your car in front of your house. It most definitely is a bother."

"I could just make a U-turn in the middle of the street, you know," Daniel mused, pulling up into the street that he and Julian lived on.

I laughed. "Which is illegal –"

"Sara, for you, I would break a million laws."

The mock seriousness in his voice was enough to make me explode in a fit of giggles.

"I'll believe that when I see it, Daniel." I fixed my features into a less giddy expression and smiled one last time at him. "Thank you, though, for the ride."

"It was my pleasure," he smiled back. "What's the verdict on your truck? Has it officially kicked the bucket?"

"That's what the mechanic says," I answered sadly. "It was practically a hunk of scrap metal just waiting to break down but I loved that truck. I could always have it repaired but it'll cost way too much and then break down again way too soon."

"I could drive you to school on Monday before I head off to Smithson?"

I smiled at him. "That's very sweet but you don't have to. Nate's already offered and, you have to admit, it makes more sense, right?"

"That it does, considering my school is a whole thirty minute drive in the opposite direction," he sadly mused before he parked the car in his driveway and stepped out of it

"I'll still be seeing you later, right?" he asked after making his way around the car. "When you and Pitt are done with your project?"

I nodded and wrapped my arms around his waist as he wrapped his around my shoulders. "I'll come by the minute we're done." My voice was muffled by the hug.

"And not a moment later, I hope." I could feel his chuckle more than hear it.

"I promise."

We gave each other one last quick kiss before I crossed the street to Julian's house.

There were definitely some perks to having your boyfriend live across the street from the guy you had to do a school project with.

With one hand on the bag that held my laptop computer and my notes, I rung the doorbell and waited.

Julain answered the door after a very quick – sarcasm intended – two minutes.

The weight of the bag had definitely already taken its toll on my shoulders as all I could do was take in the scowl on his face.