Chapter 17

Dedicated to DreamOnxoxo for suggesting Joseph Gordon Levitt (sidebar) as Adam Preston. If you please, listen to Soldier by Gavin DeGraw.

I co-wrote a book.  It's entitled 'The Baby Whisperer' and it's uploaded on my joint account AristocraticChomper.  We just put up the first chapter so I really hope you guys like it -- it has a cocky sumbitch named Oliver and a blue haired socially awkward girl named Theo. What's not to love? Go check it out!

This was hard to write for personal reasons.  Still, I hope you enjoy.

Chapter 17

Five minutes later, I walked back into the Anderson's living room. It didn't take me long to change into the Hogwarts shirt and bright blue yoga pants I'd brought to sleep in; but I'd spent the rest of the time I was holed up in the guest bedroom making sure I wasn't red as a tomato.

"Took you long enough," Angelie sneered when I sat back down on the carpet next to Daniel.

I turned around and gave her a hard glare. Surprisingly, it caused her to visibly pale and move closer to Julian.

I secretly cheered. Glad to know she wasn't the only one capable of incapacitating other people with a look.

Julian, thankfully, had the decency to just stare at the TV like it held the secrets to the universe.

Daniel picked up on the venomous emotions I radiated and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, his eyebrows puckered in worry. "Something wrong?"

I forced a smile on my face and told him, in my most pleasant voice, that everything was fine.

He narrowed his eyes. "Are you really sure? You can talk to me about it, you know."

Again, I smiled at him. "Thank you. But really I'm fine, just a bit tired from school."

He ran his hand up and down my arm soothingly. "Well, that's why we're here – to relax."

I rested my head on his shoulder and he gave my head a soft kiss. That made me snuggle closer to him. I asked in a small voice, "Did you get me ice cream?"

He laughed and I felt him nod against my head. "Yes, I did," he declared proudly and handed me a bowl with two very generous scoops of ice cream.

"You said you'd get me a cone," I pouted. When he started to frown, I broke the pout and gave him a full on smile. "I was only joking." To prove my point, I took a big spoonful of ice cream and popped it into my mouth. The rich taste of chocolate, nuts and – sadly – marshmallows filled my mouth.

Awkward might have been an understatement for what went on ten minutes ago but Julian Pitt was right about one thing – I absolutely hate marshmallows.

But the wide grin that spread on Daniel's face blew that thought away. "Thank you for the ice cream," I said with a genuine smile.

"You are certainly most welcome," Daniel replied and gave me a quick kiss.

Or at least it was quick until I leaned into him and the kiss.

The taste of chocolate ice cream merged with the clean, cool taste of Daniel andI couldn't decide which taste I enjoyed more. I was vaguely aware of Daniel's grip tightening around me and I think my free hand somehow managed to tangle itself into Daniel's hair. All the while, our lips never broke apart and while I was getting delirious from the lack of oxygen, I didn't want to move away.