Prologue

Zayn's POV

It's crazy how many changes occur in such a short time. One minute I was a regular single guy going to clubs on my free time with my friends, then the next I was being told I was going to be a father when I was years away from being ready to be one. But the biggest change that happened was when I got called to the hospital in the middle of the night to be right beside the girl I had gotten pregnant one drunken night as she gave birth to my daughter.

The second I had her in my arms, I became a man and wanted to make sure she had the world. She had my dark hair and dark skin, but because she had only been in the world for less than an hour, I couldn't tell if she looked like me in any other ways. All I knew was I fell in love and couldn't believe the six pound bundle of pink was mine.

"I want to raise her together, Perrie. We can make this work. I know I wasn't there as much as I should have been during your pregnancy, but I want bring our daughter up in a home that's strong. I'm here for you both." I told the blonde woman that was only looking at me blankly. I offered her the baby that she had yet to hold, but she looked at my precious little girl with such hate that I held my daughter closer to my chest instead.

"Don't be stupid, Zayn. I never wanted that thing and I still don't want it. It's a drunken mistake and there's no way I'm keeping it. The only reason I didn't get an abortion is because my parents wouldn't let me. I carried something I hated for nine months because of you. I don't want to raise it together. I was going to give it up for adoption in the end. The only reason you're here is to sign your consent to give it away." Perrie hissed at me. Any happiness I was feeling left me and my heart broke from the viscous words being directed at my little girl. I was going to tell her not to say that about my baby, but a lawyer walked in with some papers and a nurse was right behind him.

"We're here to get you both to sign the adoption agreement papers." The lawyer told us, then laid the paper on a roll away table. Perrie sat up slowly and with allot of complaints about being sore. She got the pen in her hand and looked over that papers. She signed them without a single look on her face like she regretted it while I let my eyes fill with tears and held the baby as close to my chest to protect her from what was happening. Then the lawyer turned to me with the same papers and showed me where to sign.

"Once you sign these, you are agreeing to never contact or look for this child unless she wants to find you both. This is legally saying you are no longer her parents. Sign right here, sir." The man explained to me when I looked at him confused.

"I don't want to sign these. You can't take her from me, she's my little girl. I'll raise her myself if I have to. I'm not letting you take her." I told the man and stood up from my chair. He looked at me like he had a new found respect for me. I let my tears fall and kissed the top of my baby's head.

"I also have papers for Miss. Edwards to give you full custody of the child and have the right not to pay child support. Would you be agreeing to this?" He asked us both. I nodded and wiped my tears with one hand. Perrie rolled her eyes at me, but signed the newly produced papers. I read over the document a hundred times to make sure there was nothing hidden that could take my child from me, then signed them. The nurse there told me there was another room for me and the baby so I could get some bottle feeding lessons and shown a few things if I needed help. I walked to the door with my daughter, but looked back at Perrie.

"Just go, Zayn!" She yelled at me. That caused the baby to start crying, so I left the room so I could take care of the crying. There were formula bottles ready in the other room that I gave to my baby with a little help from the nurse. While I fed her, I thought of a name for the most beautiful baby girl in the world.

"Laila... A beautiful name for my beautiful daughter. We'll be okay. I promise you, I'll love you more than any two parents ever could. You'll always have food in your tummy and nice clothes to wear. You'll always be warm in a nice house. I promise..." Those were the words that I promised that baby, but I never knew how hard it would be to keep them.

A/N: this is going to be so fun, I'm already so excited! Oh yeah, I have nothing against Perrie and I know Zerrie is over, but I can't use anyone else in a heterosexual relationship with Zayn than her haha I'm so weird, but yeah. This is a Ziall story so move aside vaginas!!! Anyway, I love Perrie but this just needed to be done. Tell me how you feel!!! Comment / Vote!
- Bri;)