Chapter 22

Zayn's POV

As I put my work clothes on for just a regular Monday morning, Niall was siting in bed with Laila tucked into his arms. He had just fed her her breakfast bottle, but just like he had done yesterday, she didn't leave his arms once she was done like we normally do.

Saturday, something really got to him but he never told me what it was not could I figure it out. After he got back from the grocery store on Saturday he was more to his thoughts. He also clung to Laila the same way I did the first month of her life because I swore someone was going to take her from me. He wouldn't leave her alone for even a second. Even now after he fed her and bathed her, he wouldn't put her back in her bed like we normally do.

"Today you're both just going to be at the shelter, right?" I asked him as I finished putting on my work shirt. Niall nodded and cuddled Laila closer to his chest. He never looked up at me. He onto continued to look at our daughters curly hair. I went over and sat next to my little family on the side of the bed. I kissed Niall's temple and ran my fingers through his hair, but he still didn't look at me.

"Alright, Niall. What's wrong?" I asked him. Laila reached up with her chubby little hand to Niall's chin. He kissed it then looked at me. In his blue eyes, there was something unreadable, but there was also something sad too.

"You would tell me if you're not happy with what I'm doing for our relationship, right? I'm sorry I'm not the best looking with the nicest hair or skin or eyes. I'm sorry I'm fat and I'm sorry I don't know allot about sex and stuff. I'm sorry I'm not a girl that can give you more babies. I just want to make you happy and give you everything that will make you happy. I'll do anything for you as long as you're happy." He said sadly then got out of bed. He left the room with Laila while I just sat there in shock of what he had just said. He came back in the room but went straight to the bathroom and shut the door a little too hard. That caused me to snap out of my shock and go to the door. On the other side of the door I heard small sniffles.

The thing about Niall is that he's always so worried about everyone else around him that he never has time to worry about himself. He's always so busy that he didn't have time to feel things. He's always happy, but he's human and does feel sad sometimes. He's also insecure about his chubby tummy and his body hair and even the way he has innocence to somethings. He just doesn't know those insecurities are the things I love the most about him. I knocked on the door, but Niall only continued crying. I checked the clock and saw that I had time to fix this to get my happy Niall back before I had to leave to work.

"Baby, open the door." I said. I knocked one more time, but he didn't answer so I tried the doorknob. He didn't lock it like I expected he would have so I went ahead and walked in the bathroom. He was just standing there with him shirt off looking at his chubby little tummy in the mirror with tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I can't have babies for you because I'm a stupid boy!" He cried. A small smile grew on my face because that was the cutest thing he could have ever been crying about. I walked up behind and wrapped my arms around him and rest both my hands on his tummy. He placed his over mine, but the way they were resting made it feel like he wanted more than anything to have a baby growing beneath his hands.

"Niall, I don't want another baby right now or anytime soon. Laila is still very little." I told him softly. He cried more and pressed our hands down on his stomach.

"But you will want more one day and see that I can't give you that! Then you'll leave and I'll be really sad!" He cried. I hide my face in his bare neck to hide my smile because this was cuter than it should have been. He cried for a few more minutes until I turned him around and picked him up to place him on the counter. He covered his face and cried into his hands. I placed my hands on his thighs while he let this all out.