Chapter 12

Niall's POV

I got to the shelter around noon with the same smile that had been on my face all day. During my shift at the grocery store, I'm sure the people I was checking out got a little freaked out that I could be smiling over nothing. I don't think that even if I told them why I was smiling they wouldn't understand. Zayn Malik kissed me twice. He just did it and I have no clue how it happened. It was magical in a non-cliche type way and it was ever ounce of perfect. I didn't have allot to compare it to considering I've only kissed one other person in my life, but it know that it was amazing.

"Hey, Niall." Gemma greeted me once I got to the kitchen. There was already a line going through for the lunch crowed so I jumped right in by putting some plastic gloves on and serving some of the green peas that were in front of me to people's trays. I tried my hardest to stop smiling, but anytime I would bite my lips or try to cover up my grin with licking them I would only think of the Zayn kissed them.

"Why are you so happy today, Niall?" Gemma asked me once the last person went through the line. I shrugged and begin to clean up the trays of nearly empty food. Anne walked in and kissed my cheek then went over to tell Harry something. I just went over to the sink and started washing the serving trays. I looked down at the soapy water and smiled even bigger because it reminded me of when Zayn walked sat my flat and we both gave Laila a bath together. Granted right now I'm washing a metal tray and not a baby, but everything just reminded me of Zayn today.

"Okay, you've had your time to smile at dirty dishes, but now you need to tell us why you're so happy." Anne said causing Harry and Gemma to laugh. I turned around and blush because I had all three of them just staring at me. It was a little more awkward because Anne was like a mum to me and for her to know about my dating life had always been a topic we didn't discuss.

"He lost his virginity finally!" Gemma shouted. Harry snorted and laughed with his sister while I cowered back into the sink. I looked down at my shoes because I couldn't force myself to even stand up for myself in saying I didn't have sex with anyone. Anne's soft hand came and rested on my shoulder to get me to look up at her. Gemma and Harry seemed to pull themselves together enough to come over closer and we're ready to listen to me.

"You guys remember Zayn, right?" I started nervously. All three of them nodded lightly. I know that Gemma and Anne never met him properly, but they heard me talk about him and Laila. I cleaned my throat and smiled to myself because I couldn't even pretend that my heart didn't flutter just by saying his name.

"Last night we got together at his flat for dinner. He, uh... He kind of kissed me twice and yeah." I let out a giggle once I was finished telling them about the source of my happiness. Anne smiled at me almost like she was just hearing about my first kiss or something. She got my hand in hers and gave it a soft squeeze.

"I'm so happy for you. Are you both together now or is there a date for you both coming up?" Gemma asked me. I shrugged and let my face fall a little. After the second kiss, Zayn just pulled me into a cuddle. I left shortly after with him giving me a kiss on the cheek before I left. We didn't talk about the kiss or anything else, but I understand if he just wants to remain friends for a while. Laila is still very young and I understand if Zayn thinks we need to just stay friends. It's really just his choice and I'll wait for him to make it.

"I'm not sure. We didn't really talk about anything after it happened. I doubt he would want to go out on a date though. Laila is still very young to be going out and Zayn doesn't trust anyone with her except me and his best friend to watch her. I think timing is bad, but it's whatever he wants." I told them. Harry shook his head like he we turning into his protective big brother mode. I braced myself for what was to come because I knew that there was going to be so much he was going to say about this, but I only hoped he would take it easy on me.