Chapter 18

Niall's POV

The next morning was definitely chaotic. It was the good kind of chaotic though. All of us went over to the Tomlinson's home and immediately after we got there the craziness begin. I met Louis' whole family with Zayn introducing me like I was the best thing in the world. That alone made my dad approve of Zayn even though early he wasn't too keen on him. My mum and Jay seemed to become best friends in three seconds of knowing each other while I was in heaven with watching Theo get loved on by all of Louis' sisters and play with his little brother.

Zayn was holding Laila close to him while everyone got settled in the huge living room to open presents. I sat next to him and reached over to hold Laila, which I was immediately given. She smiled, her blue eyes looking at me the way they always do. I kissed her forehead and fixed her hair that seemed to be growing more curly by the day. Her little hand reached up to me so I kissed it and got it in my own. She smiled at me once again before looking over to Zayn.

"What are you doing, princess? You giving Niall some love?" Zayn asked her. Her feet kicked excitedly at his voice. I laughed and looked at Zayn. His brown eyes looked up at me with a slight seriousness to them. He kissed my lips once before he let out a short breath.

"I wanted to talk to you about something. Not here, but definitely today." Zayn whispered. I nodded and gave him a smile even though I wanted so badly to know what he was talking about. He kissed me then his daughter. Both of us were taken out of the world h at consisted of only us and joined the rest of the family events that's were going on.

"Zayn, I think that we'll start off with giving Laila this considering it's her first Christmas." Jay said as she handed Zayn a box. He blushed and looked at me so I just nodded for him to continue. My mum came over and sat next to me with her cup of tea in her hands. Laila wiggled in my arms so she was comfortably close to my chest. Her ear was just over my heart. She put her tiny thumb in her mouth and her big blue eyes begin to droop shut.

"She likes your heart beat. She's a good baby, very easy." My mum told me. I nodded and looked to see Zayn was pulling out a nice pink fuzzy blanket that said the date of Laila's first Christmas on the corner of one of the sides. On the border around it the names of all of Louis' family members were written. Zayn looked up at Jay with his brown eyes watering with tears. He went over and gave Jay the biggest hug.

"We love you both so much." I heard Jay whisper. My mum placed her hand on my arm to get my attention.

"He's a man, Niall. He's a good man. He's not just some young lad. I'm glad you both have each other." She whispered to me. I leaned over and kissed her cheek before Zayn came to sit down next to me. He placed the warm blanket over the little girl in my arms then kissed my lips.

The opening of presents for everyone else went on and became kind of crazy. Louis' family was definitely a loud one, but some how Laila could sleep through it all. Zayn commented that she was like him in that sense. I had felt terrible that I didn't get Zayn anything for Christmas because he told me that giving him my flat was enough, but it didn't mean that I didn't spoil Laila rotten with presents. It was mostly clothes and stuffed animals, but I saw Zayn was happy about that too.

"This one is for Niall." Louis announced. Zayn took his daughter out of my arms while I reached to get the present. When I read the tag seeing it was from Zayn, I felt like an even more horrible person.

"It's from both of us. Go ahead and open it." He whispered to me. I huffed but opening it anyway. I wasn't actually prepared for what I saw in the box. It was a picture of Laila smiling happily. Her blue eyes were as bright as ever. Next to the picture was a a poem of some sort that I wasn't really emotionally prepared to read.