Chapter 6

Zayn's POV

After another hard, long day at work, I found myself leaving the building with Laila sound asleep. I was so exhausted that all I wanted to do was go home and go to bed, but I had some work to catch up on that Mr.Scott had given me when I was just about to leave. It was really his stuff to do because it involved writing out the pay checks to each person in the department, but he was lazy and didn't want to do it so he gave it to me.

He's such an old man that he doesn't realize you can just transfer money into people's bank accounts now a days and not waste paper. All I know is that I'm going to have a long night. This is the reason I didn't go to uni, to stay away from late night homework. I was lucky I got this job as an office assistant because it's normally a job bosses pick women for so they can be sexist pigs and look at them. I'm not even qualified for this job, but I'm not going to point that out. All I'm saying is that I didn't like homework when I was in school and I definitely don't like it now.

I reached into my pocket of my jacket to get my car keys out. My hand touched a paper in my pocket as well as my car keys. I pulled it out and looked at it seeing it was that business card for the shelter that man that worked at the grocery store gave me. I sighed and opened my car to put Laila in and buckled her up then sat in the drivers seat to look at the card. It said it was open from seven in the morning to seven at night. I knew I needed to pay that guy back or at least thank him better than I did at the grocery store. I pulled my phone out and dialed the number that was on the card and waited as the phone rang.

"Love and Care Shelter, what can I help you with?" A female voice answered on the other end. I looked at the paper and found the guys name.

"I'm looking for Niall Horan. Is he working there right now?" I asked her. I felt so awkward asking for him because he witnessed me at the most embarrassing moment of my life. I had never forgotten my wallet anytime I go anywhere. Then those women behind me saying that shit, I couldn't help but feel like I wanted to take my baby girl and crawl under a rock.

"Yes, in fact he is. Would you like to talk to him?" She asked me in response. I told her that it was fine then hung up. I looked in my rear view mirror at myself and saw a tired man looking back back me. However, I couldn't let this go any longer because he could forget I owe him or I could forget. I'm slowly loosing my mind from the lack of sleep I've gotte, so I know eventually I'll forget the kind act.

"We're going on another adventure before we go home, bug." I told Laila as I started the car. I looked at the address of the shelter and knew exactly where it was. It was close to my parents house which ment it was in a lower part of Bradford.

The drive there from my work wasn't that far. My office was in between the lower end and the upper end of Bradford. My flat was the close to my work, but driving down to this shelter would be worth it when I got to pay back Niall. I got to the shelter and saw there was a line of people that were slowly moving in through to doors. My heart broke a little when I saw how many people there were, but it also made me feel so rich because just yesterday I was seconds away from loosing my job. That would have put me here with my baby girl, but I got lucky again.

I got Laila out of the car, but covered her carrier with a blanket because there were light snow flurries coming down now. That made me feel really bad that I still didn't have a warm jacket for my new born baby. I only had her wrapped up in a jacket of my own and a few blankets. I hurried to get inside the building. A few people moved to the side and told each other to let me in because I had a baby while others started yelling at me that I had cut in line. I just ignored it and walked over to the tall man that was standing in the corner watching people. He had his hair in a bun thing and his green eyes were looking around everywhere until they landed on me. He smiled but it fell when he saw I had a baby carrier. I went over your him and was going to ask him where Niall was, but he cut me off.