Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I placed on the table three bowls of vanilla ice-cream along with two chocolate chip cookies each. Brian and Lyn grinned as they took their plates and started eating. When I was about to start eating mine, Lucas came in the kitchen.

“Oooh cookies and ice-cream,” he grinned excitedly.

I chuckled and gave him my bowl of ice-cream and two cookies.

He sat on the chair beside me and frowned.

“What about you?” he asked. There were no more cookies nor ice-cream but I didn’t mind.

I shrugged, “I’ll eat a chocolate bar.”

“No,” he shook his head.

I opened my mouth to tell him that I don’t mind but he didn’t let me,

“We’ll share,” he insisted.

“Bu-” I wasn’t able to finish because Lucas shoved a spoonful of ice-cream in my mouth.

My eyes widened in surprise and everyone laughed at my expression. Brain freeze!

“We’re sharing. Okay?” he said and I nodded because I couldn’t speak due to the freezing ice-cream in my mouth.

“Good” he said before shoving some ice-cream in his mouth.

When I swallowed, I took one of the delicious looking cookies and started munching it. When I was halfway through eating the cookie, Lucas held the spoon with ice-cream in front of me,

“Open up Anna,” he cooed, as if talking to a five year old.

I rolled my eyes at him but opened my mouth nonetheless.

“Good girl,” he commented.

“Eww you’re using the same spoon,” Lyn said wrinkling her nose in disgust.

Lucas and I glanced at each other and laughed along with Brian.

Lyn looked at us like we were crazy then stuffed her mouth with the delicious food in front of her. She’s so adorable!

When we were all done eating, I placed all the plates in the sink to wash them later.

“Come on Kate, we should get going,” Lucas said.

“But I don’t want to,” she pouted.

“It’s time for dinner Kate,” he told her “We don’t want mom to get mad now, do we?”

She shook her head quickly and he picked her up.

“Bye” Lucas called on his way out “I’ll see you tomorrow Anna!”

I waved as I closed the door behind me and went to the kitchen where Brian was.

“Looks like Lyn loves you,” I told my big brother.

“She’s so adorable,” he said with a smile I rarely see.

“Someday you’ll have a little girl even more adorable than Lyn,” I said.

“Thanks Ade, I really hope so,” he said.

“Brian loves little kids! Oh how cute,” I cooed, pinching his cheek.

He grimaced, “Yeah I liked you better when you were a little kid.”

I chuckled, “I have and will always love you Brian.”