Chapter 38

Chapter 38

I was sitting in my room, looking through the box that had everything that reminded me of Marcus. I wasn’t crying though. I just smiled at a few old pictures of us.

From the thud I heard, I knew that Lucas was now in my room.

“Hey,” he whispered as he sat next to me on the bed. I gave him a small smile as I put all the cards and pictures back in the box.

He put his arm around my waist and I rested my head on his shoulder. We sat in comfortable silence for a while.

Suddenly, a familiar voice spoke,

“Riana,” Katelyn said. I turned around and saw her sitting on Lucas’s window seat.

I stood up and walked to my window, “Hey Lyn.”

I stretched my arms but they couldn’t reach Lucas’s window. I can’t believe how short my arms are.

I stood there frowning at my outstretched arms. I spun around when I heard Lucas’s laughter.

“Stop laughing!” I hit his arm but that made him laugh even harder. I crossed my arms over my chest and waited for him to stop.

A couple of minutes later, he finally stopped laughing.

His blue eyes were shining with laughter and amusement as I glared at him.

“You’re so cute,” he cooed and then he closed the distance between us and kissed me softly. I pulled away quickly and he blinked at me.

“You have to apologize first,” I insisted.

He pouted adorably. “I’m sorry.”

I grinned widely, “Good.”

With that, I spun around and walked away. He growled lowly and pulled me by my arm.

“Not so fast.”

His lips came crashing back to mine and this time I gladly kissed him back.

I pulled away for the second time because I knew that Katelyn was watching us.

“What now?” Lucas asked irritated.

I laughed at him and pointed to his little sister who was smiling at us.

He sighed as he lifted her from his window seat and pulled her into my room.

She wrapped her tiny arms around my legs and I smiled down at her.

“I want to tell you something!” She said enthusiastically, her teeth shining as she gave me a toothy grin.

“What is it?” I asked, smiling back at her.

She spun around to face her older brother, “Go back home Lucas I want to talk to Riana.”

I laughed at this and Lucas raised his eyebrows in surprise.

She crossed her arms over her chest and tapped her little foot impatiently.

“Fine,” Lucas huffed.

He walked closer to me. “I’ll be back soon,” he whispered in my ear making me shiver. He gave me a wink and I blushed.

When Lucas was back in his room Katelyn sat on my bed and sighed dreamily.

“Do you remember Liam?” she asked.

“Yes,” I nodded “The boy you like.”

“Yeah,” she said “Yesterday we were playing in the sandbox and he told me that he loves me.”