Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Sunlight filled my room and I slowly opened my eyes. I blinked a few times, adjusting the light. And that’s when I noticed the beautiful face in front of me. Lucas’s face was just inches away from mine, sleeping peacefully. All the events of last night came rushing back to me full force and I felt the same sad feeling but there were no more tears.

I wanted to get out of bed but that was impossible without waking Lucas up. Our legs were tangled and his hand was wrapped tightly around my waist.

I glance at the blue watch on my wall and saw that it was already 11:30a.m.

I decided to wake him up so I gently shook his shoulder, “Lucas?” I whispered.

He grumbled something incoherent, pulling me closer. My breathing hitched as our faces were now really close.

“Lucas,” I tried again, louder this time “Wake up.”

Suddenly his eyes flew open and for a second he stared at me before jumping out of bed as if he was struck by lightning. I looked away from him, feeling hurt by the way he jumped away from me.

A minute of awkward silence passed before I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked up at him. I wish I didn’t though. His eyes were cold-- as cold as they have been for the past week.

Why did I think that things may go back to normal? I thought that he still cared… I guess not.

“I’m going,” he stated as he walked to my window.

I looked at his retreating figure sadly.

I missed him so much.

I didn’t want him to go.

I wanted him to stay here forever.

Then it hit me like a train.

I’m in love with Lucas.

I gasped and my eyes widened. How could I have never realized that before? I’ve tried to ignore this feeling for so long.

I have never been jealous of all the girls that went out with Jackson but I always get jealous when I see Lucas talking to another girl.

Everytime he’s with me I can’t help but smile.

I never want him to leave and every time he touches me I feel warmth spread through me.

These are all the symptoms of love.

I am in love with Lucas.

I am in love with my best friend.

I am in love with my best friend who doesn’t want to be my friend anymore.

Could this get any worse?

Apparently, yes.

Lucas turned around and raised an eyebrow at me questioningly.

He heard me gasp.

Shit.

I opened my mouth to say some lame excuse but nothing came out. I opened and closed my mouth several times, embarrassing myself before frowning.

What do I say? I just realized that I’m in love with you?

“N-nothing,” I finally uttered. Wow Ade real smart.

“You know I don’t believe that right?” he said making me blush.

Wait! Why the hell am I blushing?!