Chapter 17

Chapter 17

I was having the most peaceful dream. I was on a white cloud, listening to a soft calming music. Suddenly, I felt something heavy land on me and my eyes flew open. I saw a flash of blond hair and I directly knew who it was.

I growled at my annoying neighbor who was now above me, grinning like an idiot.

“Lucas! You scared me! You can’t just jump on a sleeping person!” I scolded him.

“I scared you? Yay!” he jumped off my bed to do his extremely weird happy dance.

“Whatever,” I scoffed “I’m going back to sleep.”

I pulled the comforter and hugged Teddy closer, smiling at how perfect it felt hugging him.

“No! Get up! It’s already 11:00a.m.” I heard Lucas say and I decided to ignore him. It’s Sunday, I don’t have to wake up that early.

When I didn’t answer, he pulled the comforter off me. I opened my eyes to glare at him but he was already staring. I followed his gaze and noticed that he was staring at my barely covered body with a blank face. My cheeks immediately turned red when I noticed that I was wearing a VERY short pair of black shorts and a red tank top that didn’t fully cover my flat stomach.

I squirmed under his gaze and he suddenly snapped out of it. His eyes went up and our gazes connected. I couldn’t say anything; instead I pulled the comforter back up, covering my body and avoiding the awkwardness.

I turned my head to the other side and closed my eyes. A few minutes later I felt the bed dip. Lucas was now sitting on my bed but he wasn’t talking. Good. Maybe I can sleep.

I closed my eyes and tried to sleep again but I couldn’t. Five minutes later I sat up, scowling. I saw Lucas flinch. He was surprised by my sudden movement.

“I can’t sleep. Thanks to you,” I glared at him.

He blinked twice before a smirk played on his lips.

Frustrated, I went out of bed and walked to my closet. I tried to pick out some clothes as quick as possible, knowing that Lucas was staring. Note to self: Lock the window or do not wear extremely revealing clothes.

I went to my bathroom and closed the door behind me. I put on my jeans shorts and a floral top. I washed my sleepy face and brushed my teeth before going back out again. Lucas was still in the same position, staring intently at the ground.

His head shot up when he felt my presence and he gave me a smile, “I’m hungry”

“Don’t you ever eat at home?” I asked him.

“I wanted to see you before even eating,” he joked.

I rolled my eyes at him but my lips curved up in a smile. We went downstairs to have breakfast but there was no one there.

I frowned, “I can’t cook.”

“I know that,” Lucas smirked at me “I’ll make us some pancakes.”

I agreed and handed him the ingredients. Fifteen minutes later, we were both eating his delicious pancakes.

“These are almost as good as Brian’s,” I complimented Lucas’s cooking.

He beamed at me proudly.

“So you had fun yesterday?” Lucas asked.

I nodded quickly, “Hell yeah!”