Chapter 22

Chapter 22

I finally came to the conclusion that what happened at Lucas’s yesterday doesn’t mean anything. We were just caught up in the moment. Besides, it was clear that he regretted it even though nothing happened.

I mean why would he want to kiss me?

Why would he even like me in that way?

That doesn’t make any sense. He is helping me to get together with Jackson and he knows that I’ve been in love with Jackson for years. He wouldn’t fall for me. Of course not!

Besides I don’t like him in that way. I’m in love with Jackson.

Yes, that’s it.

Lucas doesn’t have any feelings for me.

We’re just friends.

I nodded to myself, satisfied with the answer even though the painful tug in my chest was still there.

I put all these thoughts in a box and locked them away as I walked out of my front door. Lucas was just getting out of his house as well.

“Hey,” he grinned and we went back to our normal every day routine.

He didn’t say anything about yesterday. He didn’t even bring it up. And he’s acting perfectly normal as if nothing happened.

That’s good, right?

Then why am I feeling disappointed?

No, I’m not disappointed, I’m just not thinking properly because I didn’t sleep well last night.

Yeah that’s it.

I felt someone wave their hand in front of me, “Anna!”

“Huh? What?” I blinked at Lucas.

“I’ve been calling you for three minutes,” he smirked.

“Sorry,” I muttered “What is it?”

He opened his mouth then closed it, frowning, “I forgot.”

I chuckled at him and his frown deepened.

We got to school and I could tell that Lucas was still thinking about what he wanted to say a while ago. I walked to my class and let the boring day start.

It was now time for my home economics class. Jackson and I have been having a lot of fun in this class. Even Ms. Jen was enjoying our company.

Ms. Jen wasn’t there yet when I entered the classroom. I spotted Jackson and he smiled before ushering me towards him.

I walked to where he was seated and threw my bag on the floor.

“Do you wanna ditch?” he asked me.

“Where do we go to?” I asked.

“Anywhere,” he shrugged his shoulders “I’m not in the mood for this now. Besides we are not very useful in this class.”

“That’s true…” I said thoughtfully “But we have to ask Ms. Jen first.”

He chuckled, “We’ll be the first students to ever ask a teacher if we can ditch!”

I laughed too, knowing that he was right but I was sure that Ms. Jen wouldn’t mind.

“Hey Ms Jen!” I heard Jackson say suddenly while waving his hands frantically in the air.