Chapter 7

Chapter 7

The same morning routine happened today while Brian was waking me up. I held onto Teddy tightly keeping my eyes shut but how long can you stay like that when you brother throws you across the room till you hit the wall?

“Fine I’m up!” I exclaimed trying to rub the sleep out of my eyes.

“Finally,” he muttered “But tomorrow is Saturday so we don’t have to go through all this.” he sounded relieved.

“Today is Friday?” I asked my eyes now open.

“Yep,” he said popping the ‘p’.

I suddenly jumped up and started doing my happy dance along with my embarrassing ‘Friday’ song. Yes, I have a Friday song of my own even though it mostly consists of my happy squealing.

“No Ade not your Friday song,” Brian groaned but I could see the amusement in his eyes as he watched me.

I ended it with a jump but instead of landing on my feet, I landed on my butt. I blinked a few times not realizing what just happened.

“You fell on your butt Ade,” Brian stated not bothering to hide his laughter.

“I know that,” I snapped even though I didn’t at first.

“If you say so,” he left my room still chuckling.

Fifteen minutes later, I was in the kitchen eating my eggs.

“Slow down Ade! You’re gonna choke,” Brian said smirking and I just glared at him before going back to shoving eggs in my mouth.

I knocked on Luca’s door since he was not waiting for me outside today. A few seconds later, the door opened revealing Marianne, his mom.

“Hello Marianne,” I greeted her “Is Lucas ready?”

“Hi Ade!” she smiled her perfect contagious smile “Yeah he’ll be down in a minute, come in.”

She opened the door wider and I went in. The house was now much better than the first time I came here. The walls were now painted in fresh beautiful colors and family pictures were everywhere. Their decoration was simple and pretty.

I walked around the living room admiring the decoration and furniture when Mark, Luca’s dad came running in the living room with a giggling Katelyn. He was still in his pajamas holding Katelyn by her waist above his head so it looked like she was flying above him.

“Hey Ade,” He greeted me when he saw me.

“Good morning Mark,” I said smiling at him and Katelyn “Hello Lyn.”

Mark put her down and she all but jumped into my arms.

I laughed and ruffled her hair.

“Can I call you Riana?” she said in her cute voice and when I looked at the smile on her face I couldn’t say no.

“Of course,” I smiled and she beamed at me.

“Hey Anna,” Lucas said coming down the stairs wearing washed-out blue jeans and a simple white button up shirt.

“I’m glad you finally decided to show up,” I told him “We’re gonna be late.”

“Sorry,” he smiled sheepishly “I over-slept.”

I rolled my eyes at him before putting Lyn down.

“Bye Lyn,” I hugged her.

“Bye Riana,” she smiled.