Chapter 10: Friday, October 4th

5 weeks. It's been 5 weeks since Cody had gotten shot. He went into a semi-coma the second he fell at the board walk that day. That's 5 weeks without kissing, hugging, or holding his hand. And honestly, it's killing me.

I'm here in his hospital room hoping for him to wake up. But who am I kidding? I've been wishing for the same exact thing every time I come. I've been coming here everyday after school to check on him and staying for about 6 hours to be with him. It's better than sitting at home and moping around.

"Babe. You know it's not nice to stare," I heard Cody say. I laughed at myself. I "heard" him say stuff all the time, but then I would wake up, and come back to reality.

"Where am I?" He asked. I picked my head up out of my lap and looked at him.

"Cody?" I said still thinking I was dreaming.

"Yes?" He answered. I jumped up and ran to his bed.

"Oh my gosh, baby!" I said as I kissed him everywhere on his face. My baby was finally back. His heart rate started to speed up as I engulfed him into a deep kiss. The doctor busted trough the door seeing us in mid-kiss, but we didn't care.

"Oh. We thought we lost ya there buddy. But I see you've woken up!" The doctor said.

"CODY!" His parents boomed as they came into the hospital room. They've been here with me this whole time along with my parents and Jace occasionally stopping by and visiting. I love our parents, they're awesome.

"Hi mom and dad!! Look doc, I don't know why I'm here, so... Can I go home?" He asked.

"Yes. Everything with you is fine, we were just waiting for you to wake up. I'll bring you the papers." He said scurrying out of the room.

"Can I have a moment with Alli?" He asked, looking at his parents.

"Sure," they said leaving.

I walked back to his bed and sat at the end of it.

"What's today?" He asked innocently.

"Uhh, Friday, October 4th," I said pushing some hair out of his face.

"What?! I missed our 1 month?" He said as he sat up.

"Yeah... And it's almost our 2 month. I just stayed at home. I didn't wanna come to the hospital that day because I was crying," I admitted.

"Why?"

"Cause I thought I was gonna lose you, and I missed you. A lot," I responded.

"Well, I'm gonna make everything up to you," he said kissing my forehead. I smiled at him. "So, how'd I get here?" He asked.

"Because we were on that date on the boardwalk-" I started.

"Oh yeah, I remember that. Then what?"

"I was kissing you, and then I heard gun shots. You fell to the ground and I ran to grab something to stop your bleeding. The doctor said you wouldn't have made it unless I had extra clothes to stop the bleeding," I looked down at my lap as the tears threatened to fall.

"You saved my life," he whispered.

"No I didn't, you did," I said. "If you hadn't left clothes for me to change into, I wouldn't have any extra clothes. If I didn't have extra clothes, you would've bled to death," I finished rubbing his cheek.

"Yeah babe, but you acted quickly. I love you," he said 'I love you' as more of a question than an answer.

"I love you too," I sighed and kissed him briefly as the doctor came in.