Chapter 22: She's Here

A/N: I LOVE this chapter. Hope you enjoy. (:

~CasuallyMe.

!~* Cody's POV *~!

Finally, my beautiful wife and I landed back in South Carolina. Allison thought that we were just gonna go home, and recover from jet lag, but I planned her baby shower for today. We were in Croatia for a total of 4 days, then we got homesick, so we came back early. I called Danielle before we boarded the jet, and asked if she could have the party set up by the time we landed. Her and Eva got it done and ready.

"Babe, I'm not really that tired. We don't have to go home if you don't want to," my wife compromised.

"No, it's fine baby. You need to get off your feet anyways. I have a feeling baby Kyden will come in the next few days, I wouldn't be shocked if she graced us with her presence today! Your stomach has already dropped," I reasoned with her. Kyden is already 6 pounds inside of Alli, and growing.

"Okay, you're right. We should head home," Alli said as we got into my truck, and headed to the surprise baby shower.

"You missed the turn babe," she informed me, I just smirked and kept driving.

"Sorry, but Eva and Shawn said they wanted to see us really quick. Something about them wanting to finalize their wedding plans," I sighed as we pulled into their drive way. You couldn't see any cars in the front, so the surprise wouldn't be spoiled. We walked up to the house, and rang the door bell.

"Hey babe," Eva greeted and hugged Alli really tight, and did the same to me, followed by Shawn.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled. Alli's mouth fell open as she surveyed the room. I invited her family from Tennessee, and some from Maryland. Some of which were already here for the wedding, and others that were invited by my in laws.

"Oh my gosh!" She responded with a scream and laughed. She hugged everyone in the room.

"Ahlisi" Alli smiled at an elderly woman. She looked like my mother in law.

"Allison! Nice to see you baby. I've missed you! I'm so sorry we couldn't make it for the wedding," she said hugging Allison and kissing her cheek.

"This is my wonderful husband, Cody. Cody this is my Ahlisi," she introduced us. I smiled and hugged the woman I know now as Ahlisi.

"Edudah!" Alli exclaimed as she hugged an older man, I'm guessing that's Ahlisi's husband.

"This is my husband, Cody. Cody, Edudah," she smiled between us and I shook his hand firmly.

"Nice to meet you sir," I smiled and he returned it.

"Allison, Cody can us four talk outside?" Edudah asked. We nodded as we left leading the way to the patio.

"Who are they?" I whispered to Alli.

"Oh, they're my grandparents. My grandmother is Cherokee Indian, and my grandfather is half, so that's why their names seem funny. Their my mom's parents," she answered and I understood. I pulled out a chair for Ahlisi and Allison.

"You got it babe?" I asked as I helped my wife slide down in her chair.

"You're a gentleman. I like that," Ahlisi complemented as her husband helped her sit. Alli's grandmother is very beautiful, just like my Alli and her mother.

"So son, what do you do? I know that's a weird question for a 17 year old, but from what we understand, you do work," Edudah nodded and spoke. I cleared my throat and took a seat.

"Yes sir, I am a paralegal at my father's law firm. And I also take college courses online, as well does my wife. My dad is leaving his firm at a respectable age, and I am taking over," I answered truthfully, and they both flashed a smile my way.

"That's great. Allison, how's the baby?" Ahlisi asked.

"She's doing great! I've been taking my prenatals, which has made my hair grow like crazy, as you can see. Thanks to you guys, she'll have some good hair," Alli joked and we laughed together.

"And you guys already own a home?" Edaduh questioned.

"Yes sir, we bought it about 5 months ago. We didn't want to be a burden on our parents. If there's one thing I know to do, it's take care of my wife, and provide for my unborn child," I responded. They nodded with approval, and I was beyond relieved.

"I like you Cody. And I'm very happy that my granddaughter has married you. And officially, welcome to the family," Edaduh stood and hugged me followed suit by his wife. I love Allison's grandparents better than mine! They're old and bitter and... Well... Racist like Kelly. I'm so glad my parents didn't turn out like them.

*~! Alli's POV !~*

My grandparents love Cody. I'm so happy, because although they're nice, they are very protective over me, and always have been.

"Where's Dani?" I asked Eva after we stepped back inside.

"She's right there," Eva pointed to the kitchen. I laughed as I saw Shawn and Danielle struggling with 3 babies.

"Okay, so you're my best friend, and I haven't seen you yet?! And you're the one who planned this?! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO US!" I yelled playfully and hugging Danielle tightly. I missed them so much, and we were only gone for 4 days!

"I missed you momma!" Danielle replied and kissed my cheek.

"Need some help?" I smirked taking Christian away from her. She shot me a 'thank you' look. David came in from behind me handing us the formula and bottles, then hugging me slightly.

"Hi sis!" Destiny and Jace exclaimed as I turned around. I noticed they've been spending a lot of time together. * winky face emoji *

"I have missed you guys so much!" I said handing Christian to his father and hugging them. I gave them each a huge sloppy kiss on the cheek, which they wiped away with disgust.

An hour passed, and everyone was having so much fun. Momma K and Dad (Steve) came and got along greatly with my family. This whole house was packed, so much love in one room.

"Okay guys, now it's time to open the gifts!" Danielle called over the crowd as everyone settled down and Cody and I approached the gift table.

I opened a few gifts, but pain shot down my back. I winced and grabbed Cody for support.

"You wanna sit down?" He whispered. I nodded and he grabbed a chair out of nowhere. I thanked him, and took a seat. The pain started again, but it was worse this time.

"I hate you Cody," I whispered opening a gift from Aunt Freeda, my mom's sister.

"Why?" He whispered with pleading eyes.

"Because you're always right. My water's about to brea-" and as soon as I spoke that, my pants were soaked.

"SHE'S COMING!" Cody announced as he stood me up. The room filled with 'Oh my goodness', 'WHAT?!' and my personal favorite, 'See this is why you don't have no baby outta wedlock'. I stopped and turned toward the voice that spoke the last comment: Aunt Natasha. She has a daughter my age, Karen, my favorite cousin. But Aunt Natasha was always comparing us, and Karen and I hated it.

"This child is not out of wedlock. Just because you were too bitter to come to my wedding, doesn't mean I'm not still married. Everyone calm down. Danielle, Eva, make sure you grab my bag from my house. Mom, you're gonna have to deliver her, Dr. Tasha is out of town," I announced. How was I staying so peaceful during all this pain? I have no idea.

We pushed through the doors of the hospital with Cody holding my hand. The pains were getting worse and worse. Kyden refused to be in there any longer.

"We have to take her straight to delivery," my mom said trailing me on the mobile hospitable bed. I was wheeled into a private delivery room, and Danielle busted through my door.

"Cody, here's the bag. I love you guys so much. See y'all in a couple hours," she kissed my forehead and hugged Cody. David came in also and did the same.

"I love you guys. Allison, you know if you need me, I'm here. Your whole family is in the waiting room, but I can handle them. Who do you want in here?" Eva asked as she hugged me.

"Ahlisi! She can help me!" I screamed and Eva kissed my forehead and said goodbye to Cody.

"Allison, you're fully dilated baby. You gotta push!" My mom instructed, but I refused to push until my grandmother is here.

"I'm here baby. Lets get little Kyden here!" Ahlisi pronounced as she walked in with full scrubs on.

"Cody, you ready?" My mother asked my emotion ridden husband, who was now crying. He kissed my lips sweetly and said "I love you baby. Lets do this."

"Okay, I need one good push on 1.... 2.... 3! GOO!" My mom screamed and I grabbed onto Cody and my grandmothers hands hard. I used all my strength in that.

"Shoot. She's upside down. Ahlisi, I need you down here," my mom said. Cody was confused and scared something might be wrong. His hold on my hand became tighter and tighter, and IM the one in pain!

"Alright. I'm gonna call this one. If she doesn't come, Cody you have to call the next push. Something tells me she'll come when you say to," my mom spoke.

"1.....2......3! PUSH!" She yelled. I thought the first one hurt, but this was even worse.

"Okay, good. We got her to turn so the chord isn't on her neck and she flipped over now. Cody, do the honors son," my mom smiled and he grabbed my hand, then kissed me again.

"Okay babe. 1....... 2 ......... 3! Come on Kyden!" He yelled over my grunting. My vision started to blur with tears as I saw my baby girl being held by my mom. Cody cut the chord and my mom tried spanking my baby girl so she could cry. Nothing.

"I can't get her heartbeat!" My mom panicked. My Ahlisi took Kyden from my mom and spanked her. That worked. I have never heard a scream be so soothing.

"She's here baby!" Cody yelled. Some extra nurses rushed in and cleaned her up in no time.

-----------------------------------------

"She's perfectly healthy. After we teach you how to breast feed, and sew you up, we'll be done," my mom smiled as she handed Kyden to me.

"Oh my gosh. She's perfect Cody," I smiled up at him and he kissed my forehead. Kyden has thick black hair, just like her mommy. It was very curly, due her interracial parents. She has 10 fingers, and 10 toes. Her nose is small and button-like, that she got from me also. She's around 17 inches which is very long for a baby girl, so she got the height from her daddy.

"Come on daddy's girl. Let me see those eyes," Cody cooed and brushed her face slowly. This moment was so tender. But, as if on cue, Kyden fluttered her eyes open a little, not being able to keep them open because of the light.

"Babe, her eyes are blue!" I quietly yelled and Cody smiled. Just like I wished.

"Can I hold her?" Cody shyly asked.

"Of course baby, here," I slid her into his arms as he kissed my lips tenderly. Of course, he takes the video camera out of my delivery bag, being very careful with our child.

"Hi Kyden, you're perfect. You're mommy and I are so happy to have you here with us. It's nice to finally meet you after hearing you for 8 and a half months. By the way, you surprised us today, ya little rascal! I love you baby," Cody laughed lightly and kissed her sensitive cheek. I never see this look in his eyes, unless he was saying 'I love you'. This look was one of compassion and sincerity.

"Cody," I started and he tried to hand me back our daughter.

"Sorry babe, here you go," he said wiping away the tears from his eyes.

"No it's fine, you can hold her for a while," I smiled a dimpled grin and scooted over so he could join me.

"I just wanted to say I love you, and I'm in love with you. I thought I couldn't love you enough 5 days ago when we tied the not, but now I realize I love you even more than I did then. And that's more than words can ever explain babe. I will never stop growing love for you. Once I think I've got you all figured out, you surprise me like you did today. And I love you so much baby," I admitted and he pulled me into a hug, being very cautious of Kyden. We heard shutters of a camera, and looked to see Danielle, Eva, Shawn, and David smiling at us.

"Hey," they all said in unison. Cody and I smiled back.

"She's so gorgeous," Danielle commented gawking at her. She was carrying Caleb, my god-son.

"Alli, she looks just like you," David spoke up and smiled at me carrying Christian. Cody scoffed.

"I think she looks like me... Okay, so what she looks exactly like her momma. But she has blue eyes like me," Cody boasted proudly.

"No way, does she really?" Shawn questioned moving closer with his daughter and Eva stood by my side.

"Yeah! I think I can get her to open them so y'all can see," Cody said. "Hey Kyden, I need you to open your eyes so they can see how beautiful they are baby," Cody cooed. My daughter is the only person I will ever be comfortable with my husband calling 'baby' other than me. And just like he said, Kyden fluttered her eyes again. They weren't just blue, they were a vibrant blue just like Cody's except a little lighter. Like Michael Ealy's eyes.

"Wow..." Everyone in the room gasped. This moments is everything I imagined, and so much more.

A/N: AWWHH! Isn't that sweet! I love it. Alright, next chapter in 3 days if I reach 100 reads! Love you guys!

~CasuallyMe