Date Night

After practice I changed and head back in to the theatre for a club meeting before we left. Mrs.Katie always likes for us to reflect on our performance weather it's practice or not. She started talking but I wasn't paying attention, I was just ready to go home and relax. Finally Mrs.Katie finished talking and dismissed us, I ran out the door of the school as fast as I could. When I exited I saw a very familiar truck, Marcus'. A smile crept on to my face as I ran over jumping in to the passager seat wrapping my arms around his neck, he tensed up. He then turned and seeing it was just me relaxed and wrapped his two strong arms around my waist, embracing me in a warm hug. At that moment it felt like for once in my life everything was perfect. The moment was short lived cause Marcus pulled back.
"Baby girl are you up for some Chinese food?" he said looking down with a smile on his face.
"When am I not" I replied laughing. With that he started the engine and headed up the hill to my favourite Chinese restaurant.
The ride was comfortable, we talked and blasted music while sing off key. When we finally got to the restaurant we hopped out and headed inside.
"Good evening Kinze" the host Rue greeted as I walked through the door with Marcus.
"Hey Rue, how are you doing?"
" Good, is it just you and Marcus today?"
"Yeah"
"Alright, this way" Rue said walking towards the up step window area in the front. We followed Rue to the table, were she sat our menus down with silverware and napkins.
" Your waiter will be here shortly" Rue smiled and walked away.
We sat down and started looking at the menu. As Rue said our waiter came shortly after she left.
"Hello my name is Rory and I'll be your waiter today. What can I get you to drink?" he asked smiling down at me.
I looked over at Marcus for him to go first, he got the hit.
"I like a glass of tea please" Marcus said, pulling Rory's attention to him.
"Alright and you miss?"
"Um a glass of Cheerwine would be nice."
"I'll get that right out for you." Rory said looking only at me.
When he was gone Marcus looked at me with a huge smile on his face.
"Why are you smiling?" I asked
" no reason can I not smile at my girl?"
I laughed at that remark but it was interrupted by Rory coming back with our drinks. At the sight of my cheer wine I sat straight up. Cheer wine is my all time favourite soda its the best drink ever way better than dr.pepper or coke.
We order our food and talked some more then we went home.