Chapter 5: Hostile and High

"I can tell you where they are, but from what I've heard, you two are pretty new to the charade." Charlotte spoke. Phil shifted uncomfortably under her gaze. The lady continued, "You two have been at it for over a week. I am surprised you haven't collapsed in exhaustion."
"Fear keeps us alive." Phil said suddenly, but deeply.

Charlotte's eyes continued to stare at Phil. They almost seemed to study his every cell. Charlotte's gaze was very different to Rachel's. Rachel had a sharp stare that slices deep into one's consciousness. Charlotte's stare intrigued Phil, however. It was luring and calming. It could bring anyone's speech to a stutter or a halt. It slowly burnt Phil up with every second she held. He felt himself heat up, but Dan broke his trance.

"Are you even listening?" Dan spoke as he nudged Phil on the arm. Phil snapped back into reality, realizing that Charlotte and Dan had been talking. "We should go there." Dan said with a nod.
"Go where?" Phil asked in confusion.
"To the building she mentioned." Dan said. Charlotte poured the fresh cups of tea and brought it to the men. Phil was still confused, but excused it as he knew he would find out about it later. They took sips of the hot tea, not making faces about how terrible it was.
"Lovely tea." Dan lied. Charlotte smirked. This is when Phil noticed Charlotte wasn't drinking any.

He quickly spat out his tea and knocked Dan's tea aside, smashing the cup. Charlotte stared blankly at the mess. "What the hell, Phil?" Dan hissed.
"We're drugged." Phil said before running to the toilet. Charlotte's blank expression slowly merged into an angered one. Dan realized what had just happened, and ran to the toilet also.

Phil was already attempting to throw up as he pushed his fingers as far down his throat as possible. Dan began thinking of things that might help his friend to regurgitate the tea. "Hat fic! Cherry fic! That photo on Tumblr we will not talk about!" Dan started saying quickly. Phil finally threw up into the toilet bowl, and rushed away to the sink to wash his mouth and hands and drink as much water as possible. Dan tried everything to throw up, but nothing was working. Even when Phil told him the most obscene and disgusting references and stories, Dan simply couldn't throw up. After a while, he began to shake.

"Come on, Dan!" Phil pleaded as his brown-haired friend leaned over the toilet bowl. Charlotte had locked all doors and windows during this time. She was now standing behind Phil. He turned around to see her. She held a knife to his neck. "Do as I say." Charlotte spoke. Phil complied as he was lead out to the bathroom. He was told to wait there, which he did. He didn't want to risk dying over an escape attempt. Dan was thrown into the bathroom shortly after. Charlotte locked the door.

"Damn it, Charlotte!" Phil said as he banged the door with his pale fists. Dan curled up into a ball and hugged his stomach. The white tiles were uncomfortable against Dan as his senses began to become overly sensitive. "What are you thinking?" Phil yelled against the door.
"It was for your own safety, Lester." Charlotte replied.
"This isn't safe! Charlotte, open this damn door!" Phil yelled.

"Oh... Oh, Phil, holy crap man!" Dan covered his ears. "Buddy, can you see those lights?"
Phil looked at Dan with confusion. Dan continued, "Why won't ya look at that snout!"
"... What drug did you use?" Phil asked in a concerned tone as he turned to face the off-white door. There was no reply.