Chapter 6: Bathroom and Bust

The two men stayed there over-night. Phil slept in the bath tub as Dan rolled around on the tiles, giggling about how weirdly shaped cacti are. They both eventually fell into a deep sleep, with Phil waking up first early in the morning. He wasn't sure what drugs Dan was on, but he assumed that he wouldn't wake up any time soon.

Phil took this opportunity to shower, and took one of the fluffy towels from the cupboard and hung it over the side of the shower. It was near the end of the shower when Dan woke up and groggily checked his surroundings. Phil panicked and turned the water off and grabbed the towel to quickly cover himself. Dan was extremely worried for his safety. "What... What did we do last night?" Dan asked. He had a headache and could barely lift a muscle, and on top of that, he woke up on a bathroom floor to Phil barely covered. Phil almost laughed but then realized how distressed Dan had become.

"We were drugged." Phil stated.
"Did we do anything?" Dan asked worriedly once again.
"No! No. Just... Look away for a moment please." Phil said. Dan buried his eyes away into his arms as Phil dried and got dressed.
"Do you remember anything?" Phil asks.
"I remember Charlotte."
"What else?"
"We were talking."
"After that?"
"... Nothing." Dan whispered. Phil nodded slowly and pursed his lips in thought.
"Have a shower now. I don't know when our next one could be." Phil said then patted Dan's back.

Dan needed help to stand up, which Phil gave. When Dan got used to standing (although dizzy), he managed to become independent again. He took a shower while Phil faced the other way, buried in his own thoughts. Phil was thinking of an escape plan, and when Dan was clothed, Phil whipped around to spill his thoughts. "What if Charlotte was telling the truth?" He blurted.

"What?" Dan asked before sitting down on the floor.
"What if Charlotte did lock us in here for safety?"
"What are you talking about?" Dan spoke. Phil realized Dan was high when they were locked in the bathroom.
"She said... She said it would keep us safe." Phil said before fixing his fringe in the mirror.
"Why don't we just break out of here? It's just a door." Dan explained.
"No. Are your sensors still on a high? I don't want you to be freaked out and then hurt." Phil explained. It didn't make much sense to Dan, but he didn't question it. Phil fell silent and stared into the mirror. It seemed like he was staring into his own eyes, but his mind was off elsewhere in deep thought.

"You need to drink more water then go to the toilet to get whatever is in your system out." Phil said, "We will get this door open, but I think something is up, so be quiet." Phil then moved to a wall and pressed his ear against it. Dan had been taking big gulps of water out of the tap. Lester exhaled. "Dan... These walls have foam in them."
"Charlotte can't hear us speak!" Dan cheered.
"We can't hear Charlotte," Phil said, "or whatever else is going on out there."
"Are you suggesting that she hid us?" Dan said with eyes clearing of bloodshot.
"Yes." Phil spoke as he rattled the locked doorknob. He knocked the door a couple of times before stepping back. Dan shuffled out of the way. "Phil, what are you-"

Phil kicked a large hole in the door. Dan just waved his arms in the air and pulled a face that showed he honestly didn't give a crap any more. Phil clenched his teeth and retracted his arms as if he were tip-toeing quietly down a creaky hallway- but instead it was pulling his leg out of a door. He reached up to the door knob on the other side through the hole and unlocked it. The door was pulled open and Phil turned to smile brightly at Dan. Howell stood up and shrugged. In the little hallway-crevice that they had walked in to, there was the door leading to the toilet (which Dan gladly used as quickly as possible, almost knocking Phil over along the way) and the entrance to the two-meter hallway. However, the sector was blocked off by the back of a bookshelf. Phil looked at it quizzically and Dan reappeared beside Phil, doing up his fly awkwardly, also staring at the bookcase.