Chapter 14: Break-in and Bash

Lester climbed the metal stairs only to be confronted with another door. He unlocked it and went inside. It was a cleaners' cupboard which lead out to the beams over the club. Phil climbed his way out to the dark ceiling beams. He looked down to the noisy club below him. With his contacts which made his eyes sore (from not changing them), he spotted Dan and Charlotte still at the bar. Although small figures in the distance, Phil could see Howell wave his arms in the air as if he was exaggerating a story.

Phil carefully balanced across the metal beams. He saw an office on the other side. There must have been another stairway to get there. He continued to travel his way to the office, and jumped down onto the normal platform. He pressed his ear against the door.

There were people discussing things in the office. "What am I doing..." Phil whispered to himself. He didn't even know what the plan was. He knocked on the door and stood there politely. The door swung open. "Hello!" He said. The bearded man whom opened the door punched Phil straight in the jaw, and called back to the other staff in the office. "Die britischer sind hier!" He said. Phil groaned in pain, and snapped his eyes open to control his dizziness. He still has a lot to learn. He quickly got up and rushed to the office door, pulling himself up on the doorframe and kicking the bearded man over with both feet. Phil landed inside the office, not noticing the cut beginning to bleed upon his lip.

There were two other staff members present; both women. They stood up and one grabbed a nearby umbrella. "Look..." Phil raised his hands in a comforting manner, "There is a group of people here- actually specifically a man, who might-"

"G'Day lads!" Charlotte exclaimed clumsily as she busted into the room and threw a wrench at one of the women, knocking her over. "Aren't you drunk?" Phil snapped.
"No! I don't get drunk." Charlotte shrugged as the woman with the umbrella charged at her, swinging the potential weapon. Charlotte ducked and kicked her over. Phil quickly slid over the desk and began looking for the document through the drawers. In all honesty, he had no idea what he was doing. "How did you get up here?" Phil said, "And where's Da-"
"I was eavesdropping on a conversation while Dan began flirting with three women and a guy at the bar." Charlotte replied as she picked the umbrella woman up from the ground and rammed her into the wall.
"Is he safe though?" Phil asked.
"Probably." Charlotte coughed as she was choked by the umbrella woman, and the other woman that was hit by a wrench had recovered. She stood up and rushed towards Phil. Charlotte punched the umbrella lady multiple times in the stomach and finally she was let loose. Phil however, was hit by the wrench even though he attempted to dodge it. "Just knock her out!" Charlotte growled. Her hair was pulled back by the umbrella lady, and they both fell over. Phil gave a yelp as he was hit in his side by the wrench. "Phil!" Charlotte yelled.

"It's sexist to hit a girl and it's sexist not to hit a girl- what the heck am I meant to do?" Phil exclaimed before ducking; the lady with the wrench smashing valuables off of a shelf. Charlotte had pulled out her knife and held it to the lady's neck after pinning her down. In German, she said, "You don't want to mess around with me; I will cause you pain rather than death." The wrench lady stopped to look over at the two on the ground. Phil took the opportunity to give a strong punch to the German lady's jaw, knocking her out as she fell back against a bookcase. "I will carve out every nail from your fingers." Charlotte continued to threaten and glinted the knife in the yellow light. She suddenly grabbed the head of the German and hit it against the ground; the back-head collusion knocking her unconscious.

She got up and sighed. Phil shook slightly. "I hit a girl." he said.
"She could've killed you." Charlotte spoke darkly and sheathed her knife away. "By the way, the document is not in here. I heard it's carried on someone in the crowd."
"Wait... You said you'd drink so that you wouldn't remember tonight. You can't get drunk! What-"
"I wanted Dan to get drunk." Charlotte turned around, "He's attracting attention- but not the legally unwanted kind. Plus, he won't remember you when you're out on the pole."
"Wait- What?" Phil stammered. He walked around the desk but then collapsed against the wall. "Rachel said he's good at charming people." Charlotte said, staring at Phil.
"No! I mean-" Phil said.
"Are you okay?" Charlotte's eyes narrowed and she approached Phil carefully. She hadn't realized how beat-up he was until now.

"Oh my goodness! Phil, no!" She said in a breathy voice, and helped him down on the ground. She quickly took out a bandage, but Phil raised a hand. "It's fine." He said in a deeper tone. Charlotte didn't really know what to do. Critical bruises were never a problem for her. Phil noticed small bruises starting to form on her neck from when she was choked. He clenched his jaw, but he in a way smiled slightly, and looked up to the kneeling Charlotte. She had taken out a clean cloth and doused some sort of serum on it. She sat back on her calves and began to clean the cut on Phil's lip which was bleeding a lot more.

They sat in silence; the only sound was music coming from the strip club. Charlotte's eyes were drawing Phil in again. He stared into them as she wiped the blood off his face. Once again, he felt warm and drawn into this certain trance. He curled his toes and brought his legs up to cross. He couldn't put his finger on it. His stomach felt light, but he dismissed it as adrenaline. He was nervous, so maybe it was nerves from the fight perhaps? Charlotte's pale features seemed a lot more clear now that Phil has had another chance to look at her.

"-Ah, so, we should go out. I mean like out of the room. You know, to where the paper is." Phil snapped himself out of staring. Charlotte smiled and nodded once. "Let's go." She said, and tucked the dirty rag away.