Chapter 15: Skip the Stats

Phil and Charlotte made their way to their new destination which was the... 'changing rooms'. This is where stars get ready and prepare for their shows. "Get into something and hide your current stuff under that shelf." Charlotte said as they entered the room. Mirrors with lights and people doing makeup were everywhere. They all spoke German, and Phil understood a little of what was being said. He understood "show" and "start" and "dance". These were only some of the words that were being thrown about in the changing room. Charlotte began speaking to someone and began acting sassy and stuck up. Phil took this cue to act like 'Stardust Steven'. Soon he was taken away by a heavy lady whom he barely understood. She eventually just gave him a costume to wear and pushed him into a small cubical to change. Phil had no idea where Charlotte went and he didn't know what she told the German lady.

He took off the layers of his normal clothes, and stood there in his spandex suit and utility belt. There was a knock on the cubical door. Phil frowned and then panicked to get his normal clothes back on to answer the door. "It's Charlotte." She spoke; her voice being exceptionally clear in contrast to the muffled conversation of the changing room. Phil dropped his clothes and opened the door just enough for Charlotte to enter. The door locked and Charlotte turned to Lester.

"Okay, here is my idea." She began, "Everything so far has worked out exactly how I wanted it to. Dan is drunk and being a distraction to a lot of people, actually. You went ahead and searched through an office. I mean- it wasn't what I had planned to do, but the three people we knocked unconscious could have attacked us later."
"Kudos to me." Phil laughed and patted his chest proudly.
"I didn't go after you to stop you when you left because I was listening to two women who were conversing about the password I'm looking for- the document the man ran off with. I know it's location now. All I need is for you to make a fool of yourself on stage."
"I make a fool of myself where-ever I go." Phil joked. Charlotte laughed quietly before continuing.
"I hope to get the boss' attention- whoever he may be. Omar, I think. He will freak out when he sees a performer who actually isn't one he hired is out on stage. He will come down from his nest to kick you out. I will be in his office getting the password and any other information we need. I'll show Dan out if he isn't shown out by Omar or guards. He'll be drunk enough to actually get on stage with you, if we're lucky. Oh- and just put the costume over the suit you're wearing now. Keep your utility belt."

"How... How the heck to I pole dance?"
"Just watch the other dancers before they get off stage. Learn a thing or two from them. Don't try anything fancy."
"This is crazy. What if it doesn't work?" Phil growled.
"Of course it will work." Charlotte spoke. Phil stepped closer to her.
"The female maids here look at me weirdly as if they recognize me." Phil spat.
"That's because you're amazing, Phil." Charlotte smiled widely and winked.
"I need to recollect myself after that." Phil said and stood back one step and exhaled and massaged his forehead with the tips of his fingers. "I am literally being told to strip by a subscriber at gunpoint."

"Who said anything about gunpoint?" Charlotte laughed.

"No one said anything about stripping either but you didn't deny that." Phil said seriously. Charlotte shrugged. They both laughed. "Wait," Phil said, "why is Dan a distraction now?"

"You'll see." Charlotte spoke, then pushed her way past Phil to open the door again. "Good luck mate."

Phil dressed into the costume he was given. He hated it, and so he only kept the bright blue suspenders and blue bow tie along with a policeman's hat. How ironic. The rest- which we will not describe- was placed back on the hook. Lester wiped everything in the room down with the rag that was given to him by Rachel, and then he gathered his regular clothing and chucked it over his shoulder. He emerged sheepishly from the changing room before being whisked away by the German lady. He threw his clothing under the shelf Charlotte instructed him to before the lady pulled him through a door.

During all of these events, Dan was taking a toll. His vision was blurry and enhanced at the same time, and he was confused with his surroundings all the time. The group of women and a couple of men were entranced with him (mainly because Dan repeatedly used his eyes to keep them at bay). Most of them could speak English, and a few of the women were as drunk as he was, making all total English not very well understood. The bartender was extremely happy with the business Dan was bringing in. Dan was receiving kisses from people around him left right and centre. He laughed with every one he got. The Germans around him sang in their language. Everything in the room was spinning. "Do a shot with me and maybe I'll pay you!" Dan yelled happily at the bartender. People laughed, including the bartender whom was cleaning a beer mug with a rag.

In this time, Charlotte had found her way into the vents and was looking down into the office of the club owner. She saw a hunky man with tanned skin scribbling all over documents and papers alone in the office. She watched quietly. The password was on that table somewhere. Suddenly, the man (Omar) stopped. He stood up. Charlotte held her breath. The office was really quiet in comparison to the club which could be seen down and out the office window. The office was so high up in the building it actually surprised her. Omar turned on the heater to the office, and then sat back down. Charlotte spotted something on one of the papers: "GETA". Bingo! Omar was definitely part of the German GETA. Charlotte began to heat up. She then realized that he knew she was there. She was going to burn in these vents if she wasn't careful, and he knew this. Omar continued on with his business, and when the beat changed down below in the club, he looked out of the window. A very tiny figure of Phil was walking out on stage.