PROLOGUE

Anyone new to reading this story- hi welcome. This story was the first ever one I published on Wattpad, but not the first story I've ever published online. This story is old- I published it back in 2015, but I wrote it in 2013/4, so please do not hate it if it's not the latest in dates.

Rant over, but if you have mean comments, they will be deleted. As Thumper once said, and I quote: "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothin' at all."

1995

"Place it there boys!" The boss of the zoo, Himaruya, shouted towards his men, who were dragging inside a large box. "Boss, don't ya think this will be a little too large?" One of his workers spoke nervously, "I mean, this is a new attraction and we don't know if it will be a... threat to the other snakes."

Himaruya laughed, "Nonsense! I believe that with this thing here, visits will skyrocket! It's been more than 20 years, and do you think a kid nowadays will be excited to see a bunch of elephants and giraffes?"

"What happens if it gets too big?"

"Er... put it into another room."

"Well, the mother was said to be around the length of three humans standing up." The man said quietly. Himaruya paused, turning to face the male, "Are you the boss here Jim? No, I am, so if I want it here, I want it and it'll stay here until I say so!" He barked before walking out of the room.

~ * ~ * ~* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Himaruya was said to of been a caring, smart man, but when it came to business and money, that soon caring man, became the greediest. He would try anything to bring guests into his zoo, even before introducing the Naga to the zoo.

He said that people wanted things bigger and better than anything before. So, as he was known for his greediness, he created the Naga, a half-human, half-snake creature, and from that day, his wish had come true and never before, guests were coming in from all over.

When the Naga was introduced, it was a barely even big enough to see when surrounded by the other snakes; it was around the same size as a small cat compared to those other large snakes like pythons. When it was first introduced, it barely even knew what was going on; its surroundings were unfamiliar, especially when it had humans staring and poking at it day in and out from the outside of its enclosure.

But the rose-tinted glasses had to come down at certain points, when people soon realised how aggressive the Naga began to get, attacking and killing the other snakes in its closure when it got bigger.

The keepers moved it eventually to a smaller more isolated room to live in, but that was when the attacks became worse. Overall, more than twenty snake keepers were attacked, five of them were badly injured and one of them nearly lost their arm!

That was 20 years ago when the Naga was first introduced to the zoo and throughout those 20 years of its life, it had led to utter chaos. Many of the keepers wanted to put down the snake, but Himaruya demanded to keep it how it was, saying that 'it was his idea and no-one was to touch his creation.'

Himaruya was a genius of a man, but all businesses and owners have a flaw...

~ * ~ * ~* ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

20 years later

2015

"Sh*t, I'm late!" The H/C haired woman screeched, jumping out of her bed, pulling her new uniform on and shoving toast into her mouth. Y/N L/N, a 22-year-old veterinarian student who had just gotten her degree in both biology and zoology, was heading out to her new job at the Himaruya's zoo, almost half an hour from where she lived.