PART 9

After beating up both males for eating all the cookies, the four spent the rest of the evening in the living room again, looking for something to watch. 

"Let's see if there's anything on the news to watch." Y/N suggested as she held the remote. Alfred whined, "But the news is for old people!" He protested, as Y/N rolled her E/C eyes, "Suck it up, we're watching it." She stated, turning immediately to the right channel.

'In other news, the famous Naga of the Himaruya Zoo was kidnapped late last night. The Naga - that has been at the zoo for all it's life - was supposed to of been put down after years of attacking its keepers, when it was reported to of been let out of its cage and outside. 

Still no CCTV has been found, the zoo expects that three fellow co-workers snuck in that night to take it. The zoo asks the public to call them and the police immediately if they spot signs of the Naga in public.'

After the report, everyone was silent, "S-So, where on the hunt now?" Y/N asked quietly as both brothers didn't speak. "I-I guess so." Even Alfred sounded worried. 

"But I mean, Matthew cut the cameras, so they would sure to not have our faces shown, right?" He suggested as Y/N nodded, glancing to the other brother, "Right Matt?" She asked as Matthew seemed to of been just as scared and nervous: sweat was forming on his forehead and his hands were slightly shaking.

"Y-Yeah, I mean, yeah I-I did." He muttered quietly as the three sat in a eerie silence. Alfred was the first to move, standing to his feet and walking towards the window, "Ah man. I don't want to go to jail! I still have my life ahead of me! I-I still haven't had the biggest burger at McDonalds yet!" He proclaimed as Y/N nearly thought of laughing at him.

She sighed, "Alfred, snap out of it. The more you think of it, the more suspicious we will look. Tomorrow, we'll go out to the mall, but we need to make sure that we all look non suspicious at all. Disguise ourselves and hope that we don't get caught." She said as Matthew nodded.

"Y/N's right. Let's all just c-calm ourselves about this problem. Get some good rest and then w-we can think about it in the morning." He said as Alfred seemed to of calmed down.

"You're right. Heh, I was getting all worked up over that sh*t for nothing. I'm gonna cool myself down with a shower." He said as he said his goodnights and left to go to the bathroom.Matthew didn't say anything for a while, before the H/C haired female turned towards him, her E/C eyes glimmering in the light above her.

"I guess you're gonna go to bed too, huh? It's getting late anyway." She said as Matthew smiled weakly, before nodding, "Y-Yeah. I'll you in the morning Y/N. Goodnight." He said, leaving the living room as well.

Y/N turned back towards the window, staring out as she breathed heavily. Alfred was right, there was a reason to be scared, the thought of being caught and arrested haunted a large part of her mind.

Y/N was so busy in thought that she didn't notice the shuffling close to her, "Y-Y/N?" She turned to meet Arthur's green gaze.

"Yeah, is something wrong?" She asked as the blonde male shifted uncomfortably, "W-Will they take m-me away from you?" He asked as Y/N was shocked by his question.

She didn't know how to answer him, but she moved towards him, hugging him in her arms, "I-I... don't know Arthur. But don't think about it, okay? But I promise you t-that no-one will hurt you." She said, moving back to meet Arthur's sad eyes.

"I-I heard you t-talking about it with Alfred a-and Matthew. They seemed scared." He said as Y/N nodded, "I know Artie, I know. But it's natural to be scared sometimes." She said as Arthur nodded slowly.

Y/N pulled away as she looked behind her, hearing the large sound of pitter-patter on the windowsill. "It seems like it's gonna be a storm tonight." She muttered, more to herself than to Arthur, but it seemed like he knew what a storm was as he shook uncontrollably.

"A-A s-s-storm?" He asked, as Y/N nodded, "Yeah, but we'll be in the same room, right? Come on, let's go to bed." She yawned as she took Arthur by the hand and took him into the spare room.

Y/N didn't bother changing as she plopped down onto the bed, her back facing Arthur's as her head was buried in the pillow. Arthur moved from the doorway to the end of her bed, still shaking as he heard a low roll of thunder outside.

"I'm s-scared Y/N." He muttered as Y/N groaned, "It's okay. I'll be here. It'll (yawn) go away soon." She muttered in her pillow. Arthur nodded, curling up on the floor with the blanket around him.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

That seemed to of been the twentieth sound of thunder as Arthur quivered under his blanket. To him, thunder seemed like a giant lion, roaring from time to time in the distance, the thought scaring him even more.

Occasionally, there was a white flash of lightning, which would make him jolt, but it was mostly thunder. The rain was now heavier than a few hours before, splattering onto the window that was opposite him. He wished that the night was over more and more, but it seemed like the night was wanting to make his life a misery.

After a moment, he realised there hadn't been any sounds of thunder. Arthur seemed to of relaxed as he closed his eyes, listening carefully to the rain as it set him to sleep.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

BOOM!

nope...

Arthur jumped up, urgently making his way to Y/N's sleeping side. He poked her sides a couple of times in a gentle way, before that changed to shaking her in a violent manner.

Y/N was such a heavy sleeper, she could of been sleeping through the end of the world and wouldn't even move a muscle. It was like she was dead to the world.

"Y-Y/N, I-I'm scared!" Arthur whined, as he eventually got the female to groan. She shifted in her bed, before she groggily opened one of her E/C eyes.

A large shadow loomed over her, making her yelp in surprise as Arthur latched onto her petite form like a leech.

She didn't have time to recover what was happening as Arthur had an iron grip on her.

"A-Arthur!" Y/N spoke, hugging him in a soothing way, cradling him in her arms. "Y-Y/N, it's s-scaring me..."

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here with you. Stay here with me." She cooed, leaving enough room for the blonde to fit in. Arthur didn't waste time getting himself comfortable as he squeezed through, cuddling close in Y/N's arms.

"How's that?" She blushed lightly as Arthur had stopped quivering and had calmed down more, "B-Better." He muttered as he looked up, the only thing that was seen from him was his luminous green eyes.

Y/N breathed through her nose, shifting to get more comfortable, "Promise me you'll get some sleep?" She asked as Arthur nodded slowly against her chest. "Yes." He muttered quietly, listening to her heartbeat.

Y/N relaxed more, closing her eyes, but hearing something before she fell back to sleep again.

"T-Thank you Y/N."