PART 6

11:30pm

30 minutes left...

Arthur's P.O.V

Once Y/N and the other males left the room, the keepers knew something was up as Arthur begun to thrash more and more in his restrictions. They decided to doze him up with a tranquiliser, but it didn't even put him to sleep, it just made him drowsy.

Now he was dragged back to his enclosure, with a few guards patrolling the corridors. Whilst Arthur was locked up in the room, his heart was pounding so fast, he could hear it if he was quiet in his room. He was scared, confused and tired, his head was sore and everywhere he moved, he felt as if he was going to collapse on the floor.

He thought it might of been better to lay down for a bit, maybe try and sleep for a while, maybe that would help with how he was feeling.

He laid on the floor, curled up in a ball as he closed his green eyes, hoping that he would at least fall into a slumber.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

10 minutes later.

No, Arthur was wrong, he felt even worse ten minutes ago. His skin was all sweaty and his eyes were all blurred. He whined loudly, stumbling to stand as he almost fell over.

Once he regained himself, he looked around his room. For some reason, it felt more quiet outside. He was confused, was it morning? Where did the guards go? He slithered around (more like in a drunk manner) to the window as he saw how dark it looked.

He whined, feeling as if he was going to faint yet again. He fell to the floor, his back leaning against the wall close to the window, he felt just as drowsy than before.

He closed his eyes, not even realising that he was going to be falling asleep and quickly waking up again.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Creak...

Arthur's eyes shot open, he scanned around the room, growling loudly as he knew someone was trying to get in. He thought it was one of the guards as he stumbled towards the door, (remember his eyesight is still bad).

Once he got to the door, a strong smell hit his nostrils. He felt his stomach rumble as he looked closely at the door with his blurry eyes. There was a small gap in the door, a small gap that would mean that Arthur could escape in.

He pulled at the sides and pulled it to the side with great force. Now that the door was now pulled open, the smell from before was more easier to smell.

It smelt like meat, lizard to be precise. Arthur growled with hunger as he slithered out of the room, following the smell down the hallway.

He continued down the hallway, still not sure where he was going, because he had never been out before. Going around corners and bends, he finally knew he was close as he stumbled/slithered towards the source of food.

He picked it up, not even caring to know what exactly what it was as he wasted no time in eating it. Once it was finished, Arthur sighed in content, he hadn't eaten anything for a while and that was just only something. He needed more, until he felt that he was happy with a full stomach.

Then again, another smell hit his nose, his mouth starting to water on reaction as he followed the new smell. This one smelt more sweeter than before, like (favourite smell).

He growled, slithering as fast as he could towards the smell. He heard something being opened as he didn't take notice, still following, until he felt the cool air hit his skin. He shivered as he looked around, seeing the dark sky for the first time. He stared up at it with such awe, that he didn't realise the loud bang and followed by something prodding his tail.