PART 17

A groan escaped the Naga's mouth as he went to open his green eyes, but his vision was covered with something. He panicked, thinking he was captured by yet again animal control until he felt a warm hand on his forearm.

His breathing hitched as he heard the familiar voice of Y/N's beside him, "We're nearly t-there." She muttered, her touch left his arm. He heard her voice, it sounded like she had been crying for the last four hours, her voice was scratchy and sore.

He went over the words she said, 'Nearly there?' He thought as he heard the sound of the car in the background, driving around bends, as his body moved from side to side.

That was like that for the next hour it seemed, until the car pulled up, everyone silent, apart from the sound of the car doors opening and closing.

He shifted, unsure if Y/N was still in the car, before he felt her hand on his arm, making him jolt at her touch. She didn't say anything as she would normally say sorry.

Arthur was worried about her until her hands moved across the cloth around his eyes. Light poured into his vision, making him groan as he covered them with his hands. Soon he had adjusted to the light, he looked up and his eyes widened: around him was a beautiful clearing of just forest area, trees covering up most of the sky as small rays managed to still get through.

On the side was a beautiful river, the stream glistening in the sunlight as it was heard moving downwards.

Arthur stared at the view with complete awe, not noticing Y/N beside him getting out the car. She went over to his side, opening his door. "C-Come on." She muttered again, as Arthur unbuckled his seat belt, slithering out the car.

He saw both Alfred and Matthew further away, looking around the forest area. Confused, he turned back to Y/N, seeing her gaze was somewhere else.

"Y/N... What's going on?" He asked quietly. Y/N looked up, meeting his gaze quickly, "I thought y-you already knew Arthur." She stated simply.

Arthur was downright confused, what was she talking about? Unless...His eyes widened as Y/N stared at his reaction, "We found you somewhere to live." She said

"Y/N I..."

"It has a nice river, lots of trees."

"Y/N..."

"It's everything you've ever wanted-"

"Y/N!!" He first time screamed, making her stop speaking. Both Alfred and Matthew stared from afar as Arthur's cheeks flushed, his breathing uneven.

"Why?" He asked. Y/N didn't speak at first, making him repeat himself again, "Why? Why are you sending me away?"

"Because I want you to be happy! Okay, you seem scared of us all and I understand why now. You wanted to be free all your life, not to be scared of others. And now, you can be in a place that is both beautiful and safe! Remember what you said, I wanted to make you feel... happy Artie." She said, tears falling down her cheeks slowly.

"But..." He started, but Alfred interrupted, "She's right. It's safe here. You're miles away from the closest town, no houses around here either, we checked." he motioned towards his brother behind him.

"It's the best for all of us Arthur." He continued as Arthur turned to Y/N, who was walking back to the car, wiping her eyes from the tears.

He felt that pit of pain in his stomach again, the pain of letting go of the one person he loved and cared for deeply.

But instead, she had listened to his pleads:

She was letting him go...

Arthur slithered back to Y/N, grabbing her wrist and pulling her into a large hug, "Love..." He muttered into her neck, breathing in her soft scent.

Y/N tried to pull back, "D-Don't call me that... when you're the one who's leaving me." She said as Arthur pulled back, taking her face into his hands and pulling her into a soft kiss on the lips.

He pulled back, wiping her tears, "I love you Y/N. My Snake Whisperer." He smiled.

Y/N smiled sweetly back, kissing him on the cheek, "I love you too, my friendly Naga."

6 Months later

Y/N sat on the bench in the park, the pond opposite her as she threw breadcrumbs at them. She smiled weekly as the fatter greedier ones ate the food quicker than the others.

She smiled at the fact that she living back at her old apartment, only taking small visits to Alfred's. Speaking of Alfred, he was more caring to her than ever before. He cared for her when Arthur went and he comforted her when she most needed it.

She didn't notice as a figure sitting down on the bench beside her, "Y/N." He spoke, making Y/N know exactly who it was. "Hi, Al." She said his name with such softness in her voice. "What are you doing out here? It's raining." He said.

Y/N threw the last piece of bread at the ducks, "I wanted to go out for a bit. Get some fresh air." She said, turning to meet his gaze.

She never noticed how handsome he looked before: his baby blue eyes reflecting the light from the water into his eyes, his skin was slightly wet from the rain, his blonde hair damp and glasses foggy too.

Y/N smiled at his 'wet rat' look. "Come on, we can go down to the coffee shop. My treat." He said, trying to get Y/N out of the rain.

But she stayed, her eyes on the water, "Do you miss him?" She asked the American, who paused. He chuckled softly, tapping his chin, "He was a strange dude. But I... know a fact at how well you too got on." He said.

Y/N nodded, "Do you?" He asked, "Always. I wonder if he's safe, happy of where he is doing. He always appeared in my dreams, my nightmares and daily thoughts. As weird and creepy as it seems, it's true." She let out a curt chuckle for a split second.

Alfred smiled sympathetically at the female, "Well, I would understand why. I mean... if I lost my brother or you, I don't know what I would do." He said, covering his mouth at he realised that he would miss her.

It was stubborn of him to say, but he was jealous of Y/N's relationship with Arthur and yes, he did have a slight crush on her.

Y/N paused as she turned to him again, "Y-You... would miss me?" She asked as Alfred blushed slightly, "I-I mean... as a friend! You know, you're a good friend to me!" He stuttered, making Y/N giggle quietly.

She smiled, she did have a good friend, two in fact including Matthew. She nodded her head in understanding, "Okay. Now, how about we go get a coffee? Like you said?" She asked the male.

Alfred smiled, standing up with her, "I would love that dude." He chuckled, the two walking down the path in the rain.

"And Al?"

"Yes Y/N?"

"I like you too."