Chapter 2

I sit alone at lunch everyday. I sit in the corner, trying to stay unnoticed by everyone. Sometimes people throw napkins or water bottles at me. I pretend not to notice.

I notice Cami walking into the cafeteria. I watch her to see where she'll sit.

There's a tiny glimmer of hope in me. Maybe she'll sit with me. Just maybe.

Ethan, a tall, muscular jock grabs her wrist and brings her over to the table. He places Cami under his arm and onto his lap. He makes her laugh and introduces her to everyone. She's already taken by the populars.

My "friend" didn't even last a day. I knew it wouldn't last.

Why would someone like me? I don't even like me. I'm a nerd, a loser, an embarrassment. No wonder why I have no friends.

I look back down at my book, but glance back up at Cami. I see her glare at Ethan and she says something with a stern look on her face. Everyone looks shocked. She marches away from the table, clearly upset.

She marches towards me.

She sits down across from me. She came back to me... No one's ever done that before.

"I can't believe him!" she says.

"What happened?" I whisper.

"You don't wanna know."

I sit quietly.

"I can't believe someone can be that disgusting!" she smashes her fists into the tables.

Uh oh. I frantically start to unpack my lunch box as Ethan walks over to my table.

"Are you really hungry?" Cami asks, smiling.

I say nothing, just place all my food to the edge of the table and start to read my book.

Ethan comes over to the table and looks at the food, "Mayo?" he asks. I slowly shake my head. "You know I hate mayo!"

"I-I'm sorry," I mutter without looking up, "I f-forgot."

Cami's smile turns into a confused frown as she watches what's happening.

"You forgot, huh?! Well, next time you better not forget!"

He takes the sandwich out of the bag and splits apart the sandwich. He slaps the pieces of bread on my cheeks and they stick there from the mayo.

"You're even grosser than the mayo," Ethan says. He takes the rest of my food and walks away.

I peel off the bread and wipe off my slimy cheeks. Cami gets up and walks away.

She's probably leaving me now that she realizes I'm an embarrassing geek.

"Hey," she says to Ethan and whips him around by the shoulder, "Who gives you the right to do that to Marcel?"

"Who gives you the right to talk to me like that?"

"Look, don't you dare do that to Marcel again."

"I wouldn't be doing this to me, New Girl. I gave you your chance to hangout with me. You lost it and you choose Mars over me?"

"You're disgusting."

"I'm disgusting? Babe, you're just jealous."

She laughs, "Me? Jealous? And don't call me babe."

"I'll call you whatever I want."

"You can go do whatever you want. Away from us."

He smirks and grabs her waist. He pulls her closer to him. "Come to my house tonight. I know you want me. That's why you're acting like this. Playing hard to get, huh?"

She wriggles out of his grip and picks up the milk carton on the table. She dumps it all over his head, which sends him in complete shock.

"What the-" Ethan says, muttering a bunch of curses.

"Stay away," Cami says before coming back to sit with me. "I don't think you have to worry about him anymore," she says smiling.

"T-Thanks."

"Marcel, you're shaking. Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," I whisper. "I'm fine."

"Does, uh, this happen a lot?"

"Everyday," I say looking down.

This is my life, everyday.

Cami's POV

A/N: I'm going to put Cami's POV in here sometimes so you can get her look on things, but it will mostly be Marcel. :)

I'm sitting in the principal's office with Ethan. He's stained in milk and has his arms crossed. The principal, Mrs. A, stares sternly at us both from behind her desk.

"Cami, it's your first day and you're already in here," she says.

"I've never been in trouble, ever. But Ethan is a jerk," I say.

"Cami, we will not call eachother names."

"Oh, but it's okay for him to slip his hand up my shirt at lunch? And Marcel, he takes his lunch everyday. Today he didn't like Marcel's sandwich so he put it on Marcel's face. Is that okay? No, it's not okay. So I poured milk on him so he could know what it feels like to be in Marcel's shoes."

"I did not do any of that!" Ethan says, "Marcel is my friend! I would never!"

I open my mouth to say something, but the principal glares at me.

"I'm talking to Cami and all of a sudden, she just pours milk on me. I was inviting her to sit with us at lunch!" Ethan says.

"You're such a liar!"

"Oh, I'm the liar?" Ethan says angrily.

"Whoever is telling the truth, I don't care. You both get detention for today. Now go back to class."

"I was sticking up for a friend," I say, "How does that get me in detention?"

"I can make it two days of detention."

I go back to class without saying anymore.

*

When I get home, it's almost 4:00.

I angrily grab an apple and sit on the couch.

"Why are you home so late?" my mom asks.

"She got detention," my brother, Sam, says. I glare at him.

"Detention!? On the first day!? Cami Anne O'Donnell!" my mom screams.

"Mom, I didn't deserve it."

"You poured milk on someone!" Sam says.

"Shut up! How do you even know?"

"Everyone knows!"

"Sam, leave!" my mom says, breaking us up.

I walk into my room and slam the door. My mom comes in and sits next to me on my bed, "What happened?"

I hug my knees in, "This boy, Ethan, he slipped his hand up my shirt at lunch..."

"What?!"

"Mom, there's more. So I walked away from him. This boy, Marcel, he seems nice but doesn't talk much. I hung around with him today. He gets bullied everyday. And Ethan takes his lunch everyday but today he didn't like the sandwich so he stuck in on Marcel's face. I told him to stop and he was a total jerk! So then I poured milk all over him. He deserved it."

My mom starts to laugh.

"Mom! It's not funny!"

"You are your father's daughter."

I smile. My dad died a few months ago, that's why we moved here.

"Good job for standing up for yourself and your friend, sweetie. But next time, try not to get detention." She kisses my forehead. "Dinner should be ready in a few minutes."

Thank you for reading!! I'll update when I get 5 votes on this chapter! Please comment feedback and let me know how I'm doing! <3