Chapter 16

Cami's POV

I still can't believe everything that happened yesterday. The kiss cam, the dressing room, meeting the band members, everything! It was amazing! The kiss cam was cute, Marcel seemed embarrassed though. I hope he didn't get too nervous... He wasn't that bad, actually...

I was looking at YouTube videos today to see if anyone posted anything from the concert. I want to relive it and see the kiss cam. I want to know what we looked like, if it was good...

I noticed a new video from The Fray. I clicked on it and waited for the ad to end and the video began to play.

“Hey guys! We haven't made a video in awhile. We have a question for all of you. Yesterday at the concert, Isaac heard a girl singing in the dressing room.”

I hit pause. What. Did I hear that right? My heart is racing, it feels like it's going to burst out of my chest. I can hear the pounding of my heart.

They're talking about me.

Me.

I bet they they want to arrest me for trespassing. Oh my God. I'm going to be arrested. I'm in so much trouble.

My hands start to shake uncontrollably as my mind races with thoughts.

I hit play to hear more.

“You're not in trouble,” Thank goodness! “We want to hear you sing!” Wait, what? I rewind, “We want to hear you sing!” I actually heard it right. The Fray want to hear me sing! “So, we're holding a contest. Sorta... We want to find the mystery girl, so put yourself singing as a video response if you're the mystery girl! Or if you know the girl who sang, let us know! If we find her, we want to send her this signed guitar,” They hold up a guitar.It's the guitar I played, “So get started and let's find the mystery girl! Thanks for watching! Bye!”

Oh my God. They actually want to hear me sing.

But I'm not even that good, am I?

I immediately call Marcel.

“Marcel!” I scream when he picks up.

“What? What happened? Are you okay?!” he says frantically.

“THE FRAY ARE SEARCHING FOR ME. They posted a video on YouTube and they want to hear me sing but I'm too afraid to post a video and I don't know what to do and I'll get a signed guitar and-”

He cuts me off, “Slow down, Cam, I can't understand a word you're saying!”

I explain again, but slower.

"Wait, let me look up the video!" he says. I hear him run downstairs and watch the video.

“So you're obviously going to make a video, right?!” Marcel asks when he's done.

“I don't know...”

“Cami, you have to! Do you know the opportunities you may get from it?! You're dream may come true!”

“But it's my old dream.. Now it's kinda just a fairytale...”

“Cami!”

“Marcel...”

I don't know whether or not I want to post a video of me singing. Half of me does, half of me doesn't. I'm too scared and nervous... But like Marcel said, I could get discovered! I highly doubt it though...

I won't post a video.

Or should I?

Sorry this is somewhat short, I was at the beach today so I didn't get a chance to write. But, the idea I have for the next chapter should be long and interesting! I hope you like this! And as always, I love your comments, they're all so sweet! :)

If you want to interact with me and all that fun stuff, here's my links. Instagram: delicatedreams and 1delicioussss.

I love you all so much and thank you for reading! <3