Chapter 17

Marcel's POV (They're now on February Vacation. It's two days after the video.)

I keep checking to see if Cami has posted a video.

She hasn't...

Every day she calls me, debating whether or not to send in a video. Everyday I tell her yes, and she never does.

I need to have her send in a video. I just need to find a way to get her to... I know she's too nervous and second guesses herself, but she's amazing! She needs to get noticed!

An idea comes to me while I'm almost a sleep. I need to do it right now. It's now or never.

I bolt upright and quickly throw on a hoodie and a beanie. I need to go get Cami's, I don't care that it's almost midnight. I leave a note for my mom and start driving to Cami's house.

It's beginning to snow, the ground lightly covered in snowflakes. The trees look beautiful with the light dusting. Almost as beautiful as Cami...

No, I don't like Cami. I can't ruin our friendship. Once again, I push the feelings away and pretend they're not there.

When I get to Cami's, all the lights are off. I walkover to her window and throw a small rock up. After four rocks, the window opens. Cami looks scared to death until she realizes it's me.

“Marcel, what the heck are you doing!?” she whispers.

“Come outside,” I say, waving her down.

“It's midnight! And it's snowing!”

“So what! I need to show you something!”

“What is this? Romeo and Juliet?!”

“I hope not, I don't want to die.”

She giggles and shuts the window. A minute later, she's outside with her pajamas and jacket. She looks so cute when she's sleepy.

“There better be a good reason that you gave me a heart attack and made me sneak out.”

“I'm taking you on an adventure,” I say, walking to the car.

“Marcel! I'm going to be in so much trouble!”

“So what, it's worth it.”

“It better be worth it!”

I drive down a familiar road, but it's unfamiliar to Cami.

“Where are we going?”
“It's a surprise!”

She grunts, “How much longer?”

"A few minutes."

She turns on the radio and looks out the window at the falling snow.

“We're here,” I say, turning to her and smiling.

“It's a, uh, a shack...?”

“No... Just follow me inside.”

I wait for her outside and she slowly walks over, unsure of what's going on. I unlock the door and slowly walk inside, turning on the lights.

“Oh my... What is this?” Cami asks. She looks at the guitars, the piano, and the drums, amazed. Papers are all over the floor and posters of bands are on the walls. There's an old gray couch in the corner and a tape player beside it.

“It's my studio...”

“Your what?!”

“Remember how I said there's a lot you don't know about me? Well, I have something to show you.”

She looks around, confused and curious. She flips through all the old tapes that I've labeled as emotions, such as “Lonely” and “Sad.” I've recently added a new one. It's labeled “Happy.”

“Marcel, I don't understand... What do you have to show me?”

I pick up one of the guitars and begin to strum.

“My poems, you see, they're not really poems...” I tell her.

“Wait a second...” Cami says, understanding what I'm doing.

I smile and take a deep breath. I begin to give her another piece to my puzzle.

I sing.

A/N: Pretend this is Marcel's original song. It's Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls. :)

“And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight
And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am...”

Cami sits silent beside me. I put the guitar down and look at her.

“Marcel...” she whispers, "Why didn't you tell me?"

I shrug, "Same reason you didn't want to show me."

Time seems to stop at that moment. A minute feels like an hour.

She leans closer to me and I lean closer to her. I can feel her breaths as she grabs my hands before placing her lips onto mine.

We kiss for real this time.

AHHH CAMCEL IS BACK. I hope you guys like this chapter!! Thank you for reading and I love all your comments so much! <3

If you want to follow me on instagram it's delicatedreams and 1delicioussss.