Chapter 38

A/N: Reminder- Marcel has Harry's voice. I said that in an earlier chapter, but I think some of you forgot. :)

Marcel's POV (school the next day)

Cami and I are walking through the halls together to our next class.

“Can't I have a hint?” she asks.

“Nope, it's a surprise!” I tell her for the hundredth time.

She sighs, “But I wanna know! Please!” She pouts her lips and pretends to be sad.

I put my hand over her eyes, “Don't look at me like that,” I say, giggling.

“Fine, fine. I'll wait. I don't even know what to wear! You've told me nothing.”

“Wear whatever you want.”

“What if I want to wear overalls?”

“I'm sure you'll still look beautiful.”

She smiles. I see Niall across the hall, going to his locker.

“I have to go talk to someone,” I tell Cami, kissing her cheek quickly, “I'll see you at lunch.”

I run towards Niall before Cami gets a chance to follow me.

“Okay. Uh, bye!” I hear Cami say behind me.

“Hey, Niall. I need your help,” I tell him once I'm near him.

He closes his locker and smiles, “With what?”

“I'm planning a surprise for Cami...”

He smirks, “A surprise, hmm? What kind of surprise?”

“Well, it's her birthday. And I need your help. I need your band's help too.”

*

“The guys should be downstairs,” Niall says, pointing to a set of stairs, “I can hear them, so they're definitely down there.”

I'm really nervous. Niall said he'd help me with the surprise, so now I'm at his house to plan it. I don't know these boys too well, how do I know I can trust them? I doubt they're rude, but you never know...

I quietly walk downstairs while Niall gets some food. I stand at the end of the stairs, watching all the boys talk.

Liam, Zayn, Louis.

I need to remember they're names. I just don't remember who's who. I only know Louis. Zayn has the darker hair, right?

I should go home. This is a stupid idea. I can't do this. They won't want to help. They haven't noticed me yet, I could just run up the stairs and go home. No one would know. Now's my chance. My palms are sweaty and my heart is racing. I need to go home, I can't-

“Marcel?” Louis asks, looking over at me, “When'd you get here?”

The rest of the boys look at me and the room goes silent.

I clear my throat, “Uh, hi. Um, Niall's, uh, upstairs getting, um, food.” My throat is so dry. Water. I need water.

Why am I so nervous? It's just three boys.

I haven't been in a room with three boys without getting beat up or made fun of...

They probably all think I'm a loser. How could I ever think they'd want to help me? I'm so stupid.

“What are you doing over there? Come and join us!” Louis says, walking over to me. He puts his arm around my shoulders and whispers in my ear, “Don't be nervous. They're nice lads.”