Chapter 5

Cami's POV (1 week later)

It's been a week since I started school. One week since I met Marcel.

When I moved here, I never imagined meeting someone like him. I thought I'd meet some girls that like music and bands and concerts. I never pictured Marcel.

But he's actually really sweet and nice to talk to. Even though he's bullied, he's still kind to everyone. He was really quiet at first, but I've gotten him to start talking. He's actually pretty funny once you get to know him, and he talks a lot. No one bothers to talk to the “nerd” and find the true him. I feel bad for him, and it amazes me that he's one of the nicest people I've met, considering what he goes through.

And his smile... When he smiles, those dimples... He can light up a whole room with his smile. I don't understand why people bully him, he's amazing. I couldn't have asked for a better friend to make.

I've driven him to and from school everyday now, which is really good for both of us. We've learned a lot about eachother. He likes poetry, did you know that? He showed me some, and he's really good.

What's this?” I asked him and pointed to the small black notebook.

Oh, that's my poetry.”

You write poems? Can I read it?”

Go ahead. They might be bad...”

I opened up to a random page and read aloud a poem,

A/N: This is a Blink 182 song. Pretend it's Marcel's original poem. :)

Hello there,

the angel from my nightmare,

shadow in the backgroud of the morgue.

The unsuspecting victim,

 of darkness in the valley,

we can live like Jack and Sally

if we want.

Where you can always find me,

we'll have Halloween on Christmas.

In the night we'll wish this never ends.

Don't waste your time on me,

you're already the voice inside my head.”

I sat silently.

It's bad, isn't it?”

No, Marcel, it's really good. Amazing, actually.”

Really?” he said smiling, his dimple showing.

I wouldn't lie. How do you think of poems?"

"I just write down what I'm feeling at the time. It's kind of like a journal. It's always there to listen. It doesn't judge me or my thoughts, it just takes them in. That sounds weird now that I'm saying it out loud..."

"No, I understand..."

I understood that Marcel had no one to talk to. No one ever listened. No one really cared. I told myself that I would be his friend and be that person he could talk to. I would always listen.

Sorry this is really short and not the best. I didn't expect to get 7 votes that quickly. I'll post the next chapter tonight, hopefully. I have dance so I don't know when I'll update, if not tonight then tomorrow. Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment!! <3

And my instagrams are delicatedreams and 1delicioussss if you want to follow them :)