Chapter 11

Marcel's POV

Cami and I are talking on the phone. I'm laying in my bed, looking at the Polaroid picture of Cami from the other day. I smile at the memory of painting her room.

“Ughh... My room still smells so bad. I hung a poster on the ceiling to cover the spot though,” Cami says giggling, “All my posters are up now and all my pictures.”

“That's good, I can't wait to see it. Send my a picture.”

“Will do. I still haven't been to your house!”

“Well, t's my birthday on Friday.”

“It is?! We should do something!”

“Like what?”

“We can have a party!”

“Like a mixer? I'm not one for parties. No one would come anyways.”

“Okay... Then you and me can hangout. We can watch some movies and have cake and stuff.”

I smile, “That sounds fun, let's do that. I've never had a birthday celebration like this before.”

“Then I'll make sure to make it extra special!”

*

A/N: It's Marcel's birthday now in this part. :)

“Don't be embarrassing,” I tell my mom before Cami comes, “She's my first real friend.”

“I won't sweetie! I can't wait to finally meet her!”

I blush as I hear the doorbell ring. It feels weird to have a birthday party. I've never had one before.

“Happy Birthday!” Cami says happily when I open the door. She hands me a neatly wrapped present, it's huge!

“You didn't have to get me a present. Just coming over is good enough!”

“You need a present, Marcel! You're gonna love it when you open it,” she says, smiling widely.

“Cami, this is my mom. And that's my sister, Gemma. She's on holiday from college.”

“Nice to meet you,” Cami says to both of them.

“It's so nice to finally meet you! You're just adorable!” my mom says, hugging Cami.

“Mooommmm....”

Cami smiles and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear.

“Sorry! I've been told not to be embarrassing,” my mom says.

Cami laughs, “I don't mind at all!”

“Take a seat wherever you want, I'll go get the cake!” my mom says.

Cami, Gemma, and I go to sit at the table. Gemma asks Cami simple questions, like how long she's been here and if she likes it.

My mom dims the lights as she lights the candle. Everyone starts to sing Happy Birthday. I feel special and happy. The candles burn slowly, giving me time to think of a wish. When everyone's done singing, I look around the table at all their smiling faces.

“Make a wish!” Cami says smiling.

I take a deep breath and shut my eyes. I make a wish and blow out the candles.

“What was your wish?” Gemma asks.

“I can't tell, then it won't come true!” I say.

Gemma laughs, “Fine!”

Cami smiles and picks a candle off the cake, licking off the frosting, “Yummy,” she says.

I cut the cake and give everyone pieces. We all talk and laugh as we eat. It's already the best birthday ever, I don't see how it can get any better.

“We're gonna go to shopping,” Gemma says, “You guys have the house to yourself. Have fun! Oh, and there's a surprise out back for you!”

“Happy Birthday, sweetie!” my mom says, kissing my head.

Once they're gone, Cami looks at me, “Let's go see what's outside!

“I wonder what it is!”

We walk to the backyard and it's beautiful. There's Christmas lights around the tree and a huge outdoor TV screen. A couch is out in the center with some blankets and there's drinks and snacks.

“This is so cool!” Cami says, walking around, “I love it!”

“It's amazing! I can't believe they did this!”

“Which movie should we watch? They left a ton!”

I kneel down next to Cami and look at the movies, “Hunger Games?”

“Sure!” She runs over to couch and cuddles underneath a blanket. I laugh at how she's like a kid sometimes, it's adorable. Once I put in the movie, I join Cami on the couch.

“Before we watch it, open your present,” Cami says, running back inside and bringing out the gift. She's extremely excited for me to open it, I wonder what it could be!

I unwrap it to reveal a box. I open up the box to reveal another box inside it.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion and Cami smiles.

“Keep going,” she says.

I unwrap the box and inside is another box. After about six boxes I get to an envelope. I'm jittery from excitement! I open up the envelope to the best present ever. Concert tickets to The Fray!

“Cami! You got me tickets to a concert?!”

“Correction, I got us tickets! It's tomorrow! I remember you telling me how you like them, and I like them too. It's gonna be so much fun!”

“I've never been to a concert before! Oh my gosh! Cami, thank you so much!”

I embrace Cami into a huge hug and put the tickets safely inside. I can't believe she did that for me. No one has ever done anything like this for me.

It's definitely the best birthday ever. I couldn't have asked for a better friend or a better birthday.

All my birthday wishes finally came true. I got what I've asked for every year.

A friend.

I wasn't going to post again today, but I love you guys for getting me to 6.1k reads, so I updated for you. I hope you like it! Your comments are so sweet, I love them all! Thanks for reading and being amazing. <3