Chapter 24

Marcel's POV

I push through the doors and run through a backstage hallway. I see Cami and I freeze in my spot.

She's sitting on the ground, hugging her knees in. She looks up and sees me standing there, “Marcel?”

I slowly walk over to her and help her up, “Explain.”

She looks at me with sad eyes, “We weren't dating...”

“Really? Then what about all the photos on Twitter and Instagram?”

“You saw those?”

I slowly nod, “Those seem pretty self explanatory.”

“Ethan and I had a deal...”

“Like what?”

“If I dated him, he'd stop bullying you...”

“What?” I whisper, “You did that for me?”

She nods as a tear slips out of her eye. I pull her in for a long hug. It feels so nice to have her in my arms again. It feels like she never left. I already feel happier.

I can't believe I could have thought Cami would date Ethan. And now that she's told me about the deal, I understand. She's the best friend I could've ever asked for. And even though he left, she's back. She's the only person that has ever stayed.

“Cami, I'm so sorry,” I whisper as we pull away from the hug.

She smiles and wipes her cheeks, “It's okay. I should've told you...”

“You don't have to do it anymore, I can stick up for myself now. Did he do this to you?” I ask, looking at a bruise on her wrist. It's yellow and fading.

She nods slowly.

“I'm going to teach him a lesson. But right now, we have a concert to do,” I say, grabbing her hand.

“We?” she asks, her eyes lighting up.

“C'mon,” I say, walking down the hall, “And one question, when'd you get a haircut?”

“I needed a change... And what about you?” she says, gesturing to my whole body, “Since when do you have curly hair?”

“Since always. I didn't have time to comb it down.”

“It looks good,” she says, ruffling it with her hands, “And the jeans?”

“They're, uh, they're Gemma's... My pants were all in the wash...”

She laughs, “You fit into Gemma's jeans?!”

“Yes...” I say, smiling.

We're almost to the stage now. It's almost time.

“You sure you want to do this?” I ask her, holding both her hands.

“I'm sure. As long as you're here, I can do this.”

I run onstage and whisper to Ben that we're ready.

“You're here!” he says, “Woah, you look different!”

I run my hands through my hair, “Yeah. So, um, I'm going to go back and get Cami...”

“The performers are ready!” Ben says into the mic. The lights dim and I grab Cami's hand. Ben looks over at us and smiles.

Cami jumps up and kisses me quickly, “Thank you,” she whispers into my ear.

“Let's go,” I say, squeezing her hand and smiling, “It's time.”

Cami's back. Our friendship is back. My happiness is back.

All thanks to her.

The next chapter should be really long. I'm sorry the past few have been short. I'm trying my best to write and update frequently.

Thank you for reading and commenting! I love your comments, they always make me smile. And this is almost to 200k reads OMG I NEVER EVEN THOUGHT I'D GET 100 READS. I LOVE YOU. <3

Instagram: delicatedreams and 1delicioussss