Chapter 18

We pull away from eachother and smile. Cami looks away, then back up at me.

My heart is racing, but in a good way. I have butterflies in my stomach and I feel as light as a feather. It's a weird feeling, I'm not sure how to describe it. It feels nice, though.

Cami kissed me first. Does that mean that she likes me too? Has she liked me all along and I just didn't realize it? I think back to the sad look she had when I told The Fray we were just friends. How long has she liked me? I never thought she'd actually like me... I never thought anyone would ever like me. But she takes me for who I am, she's the first person to actually do that. She fell for me, Marcel. Plain old Marcel.

“Does this mean that we're, uh, dating?” I ask her. I'm new to this kind of stuff, I have no idea how to handle it.

“If you want to,” she says smiling.

“Do you want to? Because I want to but I'm not sure if you-”

She kisses me quickly, “Does that answer your question?” she says smirking.

“Yes. Am I a horrible kisser?” I ask her, causing her to laugh.

“You're almost a better kisser than you are a singer.”

“I hope that's a good thing...”

“Marcel, you have an amazing voice! You need to let people listen to you!”

“Like anyone would listen... And what about you? You're not letting anyone hear you!”

“I know....” She thinks for a minute, “You know what we should do?”

“What?”

“You and I should start a band!”

“A band? Really?”

“Yeah!” she stands up, “You obviously have enough instruments for one. It can be just you and me or we can find more people. And we can do some shows and-”

“Cami, first you need to post a video.”

“I can't Marcel...” she says, sitting back down.

“Why not?”

“I- I can't do it alone. I'm too scared...”

“I'll do it with you. I'll play guitar, how's that? I'll be right beside you. We can film it as many times as we need to. Let's do it right now. I brought my camera.”

“No, I can't do it right now.”

“Why not?”

“I'm in my pajamas!”

“You look fine.”

“I'm too nervous... The Fray are going to see it! What if I'm horrible?”

She looks down with sad eyes. I pick up her chin and hold her hands.

“Cami, you can do it. You have no idea how amazing you really are. You have so much in store for you. Your fear is holding you back and your fear is the only thing that can set you free. You can do it. I just did it for you. Do you have any idea how nervous I was to sing to you? No one, and I mean no one, has ever heard me sing. Ever. Not even my mom. But once you do it, you'll feel amazing. Trust me.”

“You're right, I can do this. I can do it. Right?” I nod. “Wait, what song are we going to do?!” she shrieks.

“Whatever you want. I can play anything.”

“I don't know! It's too much for me to handle right now...”

“What about “Goodnight Moon” by Go Radio?”

“Yeah, I like that song... Yeah, let's do that!”

“You mean you're really going to do it?!”

She takes a deep breath, “I'll do it!”

She'll do it! Yayyy!! Oh my gosh this is at #59 in fan fiction and #60 in teen fiction. I never thought it'd get into the top 100! Thank you for all the support and kind comments. I love you all! <3