Chapter 20

A/N: I don't know if some of you thought finally meant the final chapter or finale.. I don't know. But my story isn't over yet! :)

“Cami, stop worrying,” I tell her. I'm grocery shopping and she called me worrying about Thursday.

“But it's The Fray! And they have something to tell us!”

Actually, I'm really nervous. I just don't want to tell her that. If she thinks I'm not nervous, then maybe she won't be.

“It's going to be exciting! Oh, I'm next in line. I'll call you later. Bye, Cam.”

I buy my food and head outside to my car. I'm about to get in the car when I see Ethan walking over to me. I freeze in my tracks. What is he going to do to me?

“Hey, Mars!” he shouts.

Oh no. I can already feel my hands shaking.

“Hey, I'm talking to you!” he says, now right in front of me.

“W-What do y-you want?” My voice has gotten higher and stuttery.

“Were you at The Fray concert?”

“Y-yeah.”

“You kissed Cami?”

I nod my head.

He grabs the collar of my shirt, “You kissed my girlfriend?”

Girlfriend? What? Cami's my girlfriend...

“G-girfriend?”

“You heard me right. We've been going out since she moved here.”

What?

I don't do anything, I just stand there. Suddenly, the world seems to spin. I can' think straight. My mind is racing with questions.

“You better not touch my girlfriend again, or I'll beat you up,” he growls. He knocks me to the pavement and walks away.

I can't believe Cami did this. I thought she was my friend. I knew it was too good to be true. How could anyone ever like me? I'm a nerd. A loser. A nobody. No one wants to be friends with me.

Why would they?

*

(It's now Thursday.)

“Sweetie, Cami's here,” my mom says, walking into my room, “You need to get up.”

I turn over in bed, “I can't, Mom. I feel sick.”

She sits at the edge of my bed, “Whatever happened, you need to get up. You were in here all day yesterday. It's not healthy.”

“I don't care,” I mumble.

“You're not one to not care. C'mon.”

“Fine...”

I trudge out of bed and pull on a t-shirt. I probably stink and my hair's a mess. I honestly don't care.

“Hey, Marcel!” Cami says happily, “Wait, why aren't you ready?”

“I'm not coming,” I say bluntly.

“Why not?” she says frowning.

“I'm sick.”

She feels my forehead, “Aww. Then we can cancel and go another time.”

I pull my head back from her hand, “No. There's not gonna be another time, Cami.”

She furrows her eyebrows, “Marcel? What's wrong?”

“I know about you and Ethan.”

She shuts her eyes and takes a deep breath, “Marcel...”

“I don't wanna hear what you have to say.”

“But-”

“Cami, you used me. I thought you were actually my friend. I fell for you, I fell hard. And you used me,” I look up at the sky then back down at her. “I don't open up to anyone. And I told you everything. Everything! And you probably told Ethan all of it! I bet everyone knows, don't they? You're all planning some big thing against me, aren't you? I thought I could trust you, but I obviously can't. Do you think it's funny that I lived every day in fear before you came? Now I have to go back to that. But now I'll be wondering who knows about all my secrets. You ruined my life. Just leave.”

“Marcel, it's not-”

“I said leave. Have fun meeting The Fray.”

I walk away from her and into the house. She puts her hand on my shoulder.

“Cami, don't touch me. I don't want to see or hear from you again.”

I feel her shoulder drop and hear her car drive away. I walk back inside, holding back tears.

“What's wrong?” my mom asks.

“Everything,” I tell her before walking back to my room.

I never want to see anyone again.

SCREAMING BECAUSE OVER 100K READS OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU ALL <3 but poor Marcel... :(

I want to dedicate this chapter to @justbeinadirectioner. She messaged me and said my story inspired her to stand up to a bully. That's amazing that MY story inspired someone to do that. I know how hard it is to stand up to bullies, I do it a lot. If any of you need to talk about anything, feel free to message me. I'm always here to help. I love you all and thank you for reading.

And I've made about 15 of you cry and I'm sorry about that. But the fact that my writing made you cry amazes me. All the feedback from this astounds me. I never thought any of this would happen. I'm just a girl who likes to write. And you all like my writing, which is somewhat weird to me that so many people read it. It's amazing. I love you all and thank you for being amazing. <3