Chapter Five: Roxy

Roxy:

Tristan was even more idiotic than I had realised.

The Arcans and Brizans would never let a Sephan lead them. They would never leave their fate in Sephan hands.

They were arguing about it now.

Tristan said that he would take me back to the Sephan Realm if Brae didn't comply. Once there, he would put my fate in the hands of his people.

It all seemed ridiculously extreme.

I didn't care though.

It wasn't as though there was a whole lot of point in living. It wouldn't be much of a life, anyway. I couldn't go home. I didn't want to return with Tristan to the Sephan Realm and I couldn't stay here; I clearly wasn't wanted. Fire, water, air and earth; every option was closed.

Jasmine had lied. She had turned him against me. Now he was hers.

I guess she had more Helian blood in her than I realised. The devious purple freak.

Brae was on his feet again. He was shouting. Tristan was shouting back. But then they smiled. Had they reached an agreement? I had missed it.

The freak was walking over to me; something silver glinting in her hand. She had come to finish the job. It somehow made sense that it would be her who did it. 

The one who killed me.

But she pushed the silver into the manacles and with a click they were off, tumbling to the floor.

"Come on, Roxy," she said, her voice falsely cheerful as she put on her little show for Brae. "Let's get you somewhere more comfortable. We can talk more in the morning."

I wanted to burn her. I wanted to incinerate her.

But she was as impervious to the flames as I was.

I would have to wait.

{Please vote/comment to let me know what you think is going to happen next. Is Roxy giving up? Or is she biding her time until she can take Jasmine out? Thank you @tooset for the great Roxy picture.}