Chapter 60: Jasmine

We smiled as we watched the final drakon take flight. They had been easy enough for Tristan to direct. They didn't like the cold of the Arcan Realm and were desperate to go home to familiar and warmer climates.

Tristan wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me towards him.

But something was wrong.

Someone was screaming at us.

I looked away from Tristan to see Brae struggling towards us. He was clutching a hand to his side, where blood was pouring out from around a silver dagger.

"Brae!" I shouted, starting towards him. Where was Roxy? Hadn't she gone to help him?

But Brae wasn't screaming about the wound. He was looking up into the air in anguish.

It was then that I saw them: Roxy and Cin on the back of the last drakon.

Brae was a mess and the winds were beginning to build up around him, mirroring the strength of his emotional turmoil.

"Brae, calm down," I said, starting towards him, but the force of the gale pushed me back. It was like nothing Brae had ever produced before.

As I watched in shock, his feet lifted up off of the ground.

He didn't even seem to notice. He was too busy staring up into the sky, desperate to reach Roxy, to bring the drakon back.

It looked as though his desperation had unlocked the ancient Arcan power from deep inside Brae. He was flying up to save her.