Chapter 5

Dedicated to Yessi4love once again for making me those beautiful covers! here's another one!!!

Enjoy!

I'm also posting Angie by The Rolling Stones because I love it.

Chapter 5

I must have fallen asleep at some point because the sound of the buzzer woke me up. I moved groggily to the intercom and pressed the button. “Hello?”

“Rose,” Dan’s voice said through the speaker making me jump. “I need to talk to you.”

We need to talk to you,” Troy’s voice said and my eyes widened in panic as I looked around my barren apartment. “Can we come in?”

“No!” I said hastily, cringing as my voice came out a bit too shrill. “I’ll come down. Just wait one minute.” I rushed into my bedroom, tripping on the bed sheets as I lunged over my mattress and ripped open my closet. I pulled out a fresh t-shirt and quickly changed into it. I kept the same dark wash jeans I’d had on earlier. I gave myself a quick once over in the mirror and groaned when I saw that my shoulder length hair was sticking up all over the place and I hastily scraped it into a pony tail before rushing out the door, locking it behind me. When I got downstairs I was slightly breathless and had to take a deep breath before exiting the building.

Before I could say anything Dan was gripping my wrist, grinning at me. “Come on!” he shouted, dragging me towards a fancy looking BMW that was idling next to the curb. Dan opened the door for me and gave a light push into the front seat. I climbed in and glanced to my left. Mac was sitting in the driver’s seat scowling at me and when I turned, I could see Troy behind him and Dan climbing in next to Troy.

“What’s going on?” I asked, confused.

“You’ll see!” Dan said, excitedly. “Come on Mac, we’re going to be late!”

Mac gave him the finger before pulling into traffic. He drove quickly weaving through cars and hitting the gas with a heavy foot. When we arrived at our destination, we lurched to a stop and I put my hands out to protect my face from hitting the dashboard but the seatbelt tightened and held me in place. “Jesus, first time driver?” I muttered.

Mac sent me another glare but didn’t say anything else. I briefly wondered what his face would look like with a wide grin but couldn’t picture it. I was beginning to think a glare was pretty much the only look I was going to receive from him.

I sighed, getting out of the vehicle with the others. We walked for a while and I badgered them the whole time asking what we were doing and where we were going but they refused to say. Finally, we came to a stop in front of a huge arena with a crowd of people milling around in front of it. We walked through the crowd, ignoring the ticket scalpers and the people selling merchandise with the name, Close All Doors on it.

“Are we going to watch a band?” I asked and Dan wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

“It’s not just a band, Rose. This band is one of a kind. Their inspiration comes from the older music. They know how to play their instruments for real and the lead singer can really wail. They’re amazing, Rose. You’ll see.”

“I don’t have a ticket,” I said and blinked when Mac held one out to me. I took it slowly, expecting him to snatch it away.

“It was Drake’s,” he said quietly, scowling at the thought of his ex band mate. “We figured he didn’t deserve it anymore.” He shrugged, turning around to face forward again and push his way through the crowd. Tonight he was wearing an Ozzy Osbourne t-shirt that was faded and worn out a bit, fitting his body tightly. He had a leather jacket over top of it but it was unzipped and flapped when he walked. His jeans were torn and faded and he had a pair of Nikes on his feet. His hair kept falling into his eyes, and not for the first time, I noticed how thick it was with a slight wave that gave it more volume. It was really messy but it looked good on him. Judging by the stares the females near to him were casting in his direction, he looked more than good.