Chapter 22

Dedicated to Dreamy348 for making a lovely cover! It's amazing, thank you!!!

Enjoy!!!

Chapter 22

“Ouch,” I mumbled, a horrible pain in my head waking me up the next morning.

“Headache?” I cracked my eyes open slightly to see Mac looking at me with a slight frown on his forehead.

“I don’t think that’s the word,” I mumbled, closing my eyes against the light streaming into the room.

He chuckled lightly and a second later, I felt his fingers on my temple, brushing the few strands of hair back, the contact making my skin tingle and I cracked my eyes open again. I swallowed when I saw the look he was giving me. His face was close to mine and his usually bright eyes were darker, more of a royal blue as they ran over my face, a slight smile at the corners of his lips. “What?” I said softly.

“Nothing,” he whispered, moving slightly closer to me and planting a soft kiss on my forehead.

My heart picked up speed as my eyes widened and when he pulled back, his lips tilted up further at the corners.

“Gross,” Jenna said, making us jump as she leaned over the bed, looking at the two of us in disgust. My arms were in their usual position, flat against his chest with my hands resting on his shoulders and our legs were tangled hopelessly. For a second we remained in that position, staring up at her with my head pillowed on one of Mac’s arms while the other one was wrapped securely around my waist.

“Go away,” Mac said, glaring at her.

She glared back at him and put her hands on her hips. “This is my room, buddy. If anyone’s going away it’s you.”

“Could you stop shouting?” I asked, wincing as their loud voices seemed to drive little nails into my skull.

“We’re whispering, Rose,” Mac said, laughter in his voice as his gaze landed on me again.

“Oh,” I replied, bringing my hands to my head and massaging my temples.

“Stop being a baby, Rose. You’re in the music business now, you have to learn how to hold you liquor,” Jenna said sternly, going around the bed and grabbing my arm, pulling until I was near the edge.

“Why is this happening?” I grumbled as she yanked me to my feet.

“Because,” she hissed into my ear, making me cringe, “you slept an entire night with Mac in your bed while I slept all alone. I’m pissed but also strangely inspired so get your guitar, we’re going to play.”

“Play?” I said dumbly, dragging me into the washroom and shoving my toothbrush into my hands.

“Yes,” she replied, putting toothpaste on the brush and shoving it into my mouth. “Brush,” she said as she grabbed her own brush and started brushing her teeth.

I did as she ordered, glaring at her in the mirror but she just raised an eyebrow at me, clearly not bothered by my angry looks. We finished up with our toiletries and I was feeling slightly more human by the time we exited the washroom. I was still wearing the dress from last night and I was desperately craving a loose t-shirt and a pair of sweat pants. I stepped towards my luggage but Jenna grabbed my wrist and yanked me towards the door. “Help,” I mouthed at Mac who just shrugged and grinned at me. My eyes narrowed just as we were leaving and I said, “Traitor!” as the door slammed shut.

“Stop being so dramatic,” Jenna said, pulling me onto the elevator. “Here,” she said, handing me my guitar.

I blinked as I automatically reached out to grab the handle. “Where are we going?” I asked and she looked at me with a slightly guarded expression on her face.