Chapter 25

Dedicated to Demz5luv for making me a lovely cover!!! Thanks so mucho!!!!!!!

The song on the side is technically not the one I talk about in this song...there's no drums in the version I usually listen to but I couldn't find it on youtube so imagine it with no drums...even though the drums are quite nice.

Enjoy!!!!!

Chapter 25

“Rose? What are you doing in here?”

I looked up from the acoustic guitar on my lap to see Dan coming into the garage with Troy, Mac, and Cindy following behind him.

I blinked, realizing that loud music was pumping over the speakers, filling the house with the sweet sounds of Fleetwood Mac. “Who’s the DJ?”

“Mac’s iPod,” Dan replied, sitting next to me and slinging an arm over my shoulders.

“Hands off,” Mac grumbled, grabbing Dan’s arm and flinging it away from me as he took a seat on my other side. Troy and Cindy sat in the bean bag chair together, Cindy on Troy’s lap as they looked at me with questions in their eyes.

Mac and Dan slapped at each other’s hands behind my back and I just rolled my eyes, ignoring the brothers as my gaze rested on the advertisement that was sitting on the coffee table in front of me. “So has everyone seen this now?” I asked quietly as Dan and Mac settled down.

“Yeah,” Dan said quietly, leaning forward to pick it up. “It’s not so bad, Rose. Don’t worry about it.”

I looked over at Dan, frowning as he gave me a reassuring smile before glancing at Troy who was giving me a similar look. “I’m sorry guys.”

“Seriously Rose, it’s not a big deal. You’re part of the band and sooner or later someone was bound to notice that you used to be Rosemary Keen,” Troy said, shrugging.

I narrowed my eyes at him, thinking. “What if we did a show before that one?” I asked, feeling a smile stretch my lips.

“What are you talking about?” Mac asked, turning on the couch so he could face me.

“Well, we’re performing on Saturday, right? What if we do another one without the help from Hereafter records? What if we set up outside on say, Friday night, somewhere public and just play?” I frowned, thinking about it for a second. “We’d have to find a place where it wouldn’t be illegal which might be tricky. We only have a few days to get any permits or permissions necessary so it might be impossible anyway…” I sank back, the neck of the guitar hitting Dan in the chest lightly, making me realize the instrument was still in my hands. “Sorry,” I muttered, setting the body of the guitar on the ground so that I was holding it vertically.

“What about a rooftop performance? We’d only need the permission of the building owner and we could play until someone put in a noise complaint. If we did it early enough, I think it would be fine,” Troy said, cupping his chin with the hand that wasn’t wrapped around Cindy’s waist. “We’d also have to find a way to get out of the studio Friday night.”

“Maybe I could help with that,” Jenna said, making us all jump as she waltzed into the room, flipping her blonde hair as she positioned herself in front of the couch, her body angled slightly so that Troy and Cindy had a clear view of her. “I’ll convince my dad that you guys need a break on Friday night. He’ll never know what you’re really up to until it’s too late.”

I glanced over at Mac to see his eyes narrowed on Jenna, his mouth turned down at the corners. “Why would you help us?” he asked cautiously.

Jenna tilted her head to the side, some of her arrogance fading as her hands dropped from her hips. Finally, she shrugged and looked at me. “You want one solid performance where you’re not linked to Rosemary Keen, right?” I nodded, frowning at her. “Well I want one where I’m not linked with Dominic Brick, owner of Hereafter Records. As long as Rose and I can perform a couple songs, I’ll help you.” Her green eyes flashed over the rest of the group, her confident posture returning as she stared everyone down. “You can’t do it without me anyway, so you might as well agree.”