Chapter 19

Dedicated to happybunnyx123 for making me a lovely cover! Thank you!!!!

Also, there's a slight reference to a couple characters in Just What I Needed by chooseitwisely in this chapter because we're planning on doing a little cross over writing in the future! yay!!! If you haven't already read chooseitwisely's books, then I suggest you do!

This chapter is very long haha. I felt bad for waiting so long to update but I think you guys might forgive me...

Enjoy!!!

Chapter 19

I woke up slowly, feeling warm and content as the sun streamed in lightly through my living room window. I opened my eyes, seeing my hands sitting flat against Mac’s firm chest and a slight smile stretched across my face. Without thinking about it, I snuggled in closer, resting my cheek against his chest, pushing my head a little higher until I could feel his chin on the top of my head. I breathed in his clean scent but when I felt him chuckle lightly, I froze, realizing that I was practically nuzzling Mac on the floor in my living room.

“Are you awake?” he asked softly, his hand brushing over my hair and down my back, sending tingles up my spine.

I shut my eyes firmly, feeling my cheeks flame. “No,” I muttered.

His chuckle rumbled in his chest below my ear and I couldn’t stop the smile that spread across my face at the sound. “You should laugh more,” I said softly, liking the sound.

“Really?” he asked and even though I couldn’t see him, I could tell that one of his eyebrows was raised. “Why, do you think I have a sexy laugh?”

Yes. “No,” I said firmly, lying. “You sound kind of goofy, it makes me smile.”

“Goofy?” he growled, his hand stilling against the back of my head.

I shrugged, not replying as he pulled back, looking down into my eyes. “You think I sound ‘goofy’?” he asked, scowling at me.

“Yes,” I said breathlessly, my eyes locked on his, trying to breathe as he looked at me with his hair sticking up funny and fire in his eyes.

A smirk replaced his scowl as he looked at me and a confident light entered his gaze. “You’re lying,” he said softly, his gaze traveling over my face.

“No I’m not,” I said still breathless and trying to focus on the conversation but his hand had started moving again, heading down my back slowly until it rested at the base of my spine, his fingers curving around my waist, pulling me closer to him. “What are you doing?” I whispered.

“Say you were lying,” he said huskily, his smirk faltering on his face as his eyes glazed slightly.

“I may have been lying,” I croaked, not sure what we were talking about anymore.

“No good enough, Rose.”

“What are we talking about?” I whispered, my hands clenching slightly on his chest.

“My sexy laugh,” he replied hoarsely.

“Oh. Yeah, I was lying.” He blinked and a wide smile broke across his face, stopping my heart completely.

“I knew it,” he said, still smiling at me and without thinking about it, an answering smile curved my lips upward.

“What the hell are you two doing?” Dan growled from the entrance to my bedroom. My eyes connected with his and I saw hurt and anger in their indigo depths.