Chapter 26

I'm so sorry for the long wait guys but here it is!!! Finally!!! And it's super long!!!

Dedicated to xXxSinfulPassionxXx for making me this sweet cover! Thanks so much!!!

This one was kinda hard to write for me...sort of a transition chapter but I hope you like it anyway!

Enjoy!!

Chapter 26

“I’m going to kill her,” I grumbled when consciousness returned to me the next morning, bringing a horrible pain in my head with it. I opened my eyes a crack, looking around the unfamiliar room in confusion until memory flooded back to me and my cheeks reddened in embarrassment. “Oh god,” I mumbled, remembering the night before, specifically the part where I snuck into Mac’s room and crawled into bed with him.

“Are you awake?” Mc asked quietly, tightening his arm around my waist, pulling my back more firmly against him which was when I realized I wasn’t alone. Mac’s right arm was under my head while his left arm was firmly around my waist, his hand curled underneath me and his body was pressed against the length of me, spoon fashion.

I felt a dreamy smile tug at my lips as his breath fanned over my cheek, blowing my hair lightly. “Yeah,” I croaked, wincing when my voice came out sounding like an eighty year old man’s.

He chuckled lightly, loosening his hold on me so that I could roll over, keeping my head on his arm as I twisted onto my back. I lost my breath as I looked up at him. His lips were stretched into a crooked smile and his dark hair was falling over his eyes as he looked down at me with a slightly dazed expression. After a moment, his smile vanished and his eyes became slightly more focused, a small frown wrinkling his forehead. “What’s wrong?” I asked, reaching up to lightly brush my fingers across his forehead.

“Nothing,” he said quietly, his frown disappearing as he leaned closer to me, placing a quick kiss on my lips before leaning back again. “We have to get ready for school.”

I groaned, closing my eyes as if in pain. “No. Let’s skip.”

“No way,” he said firmly, pulling his arm from beneath my head and sitting up, giving me a stern look. “Your marks aren’t good enough to skip. You’re almost failing calculus and you need to graduate in order to stay in the band.”

My eyes opened wide in surprise. “How did you know that?”

He shrugged, raising an eyebrow at me. “You left your interim report card in the garage last week.”

I blinked. “Oh.” I sighed and sat up next to him, wincing as the movement reminded my brain that I had a hangover thanks to Jenna. “Ouch,” I mumbled, clutching my head.

“You really should stop drinking with Jenna,” Mac said and I opened my eyes to send him a glare when I heard the amusement in his voice.

“I didn’t have a choice,” I said as an image of me, gripping the bottle of rum and filling our shot glasses came to me. I cleared my throat, avoiding Mac’s gaze as I realized at least some of my hangover may have been avoidable. “Let’s get some breakfast,” I said, even though my stomach lurched a bit at the thought of food. I moved to the edge of the bed and stood up, stretching my arms out as my eyes snagged on Mac’s impressive record collection, my fingers itching to explore it but with one glance at the clock, I realized that we didn’t have much time before school. I turned back to the bed and gave Mac a quizzical look when I realized he hadn’t moved. He was sitting in the middle of his bed, his hair rumpled from sleep and his forehead was wrinkled in a frown again as he stared at me. “What?”