Jordyn Analeah Monroe

Monologue

Jordyn Analeah Monroe, African American who speaks Spanish because of my Angolan roots. My mum and I just moved back to Philly after what seems like forever, I never thought we would come back here since this is the last place I have seen my Dad. However, after being accepted into this visual and performing arts school I feel liked coming back will only open new doors and hopefully the one that will lead me to ultimate goal.

Ever since my dad left it's always been, my mum, Jada and me. We don't need anyone else .. Never did.

My dad left when I was 5 he did visit and finally when I was 9.. he stopped coming. I do miss my dad and up to this day still don't know why he left. But I'm 17 now and all I know is that he is a drug lord and left my mum heart broken. I think that's how I ended up having anger issues in the past, seeing my mum cry every night wasn't what a 9 year old should be seeing but ever since I turned 14 everything has been better. Secretly part of the reason that I've been so excited to move to Philly is because I recently found out that my dad is still in the drug business and Philly is where my mum used to live with him but then we moved away and when he stopped visiting it was because he came back to Philly, my guess was that he was still here.

I'm no stranger to the so called "Thug Life" and I'm also smart and observant which is part of the reason I know finding my dad wouldn't be the worst thing. I hope but then again he knew where I was and didn't bother to come back.

I like to think I have somewhat of a Reckless Mentality. I'm someone you might not even understand but might just love.. I'm Jordyn Analeah Monroe!

*Jordyn in MM*